Windows 10: Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11.

Discus and support Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Concerning Windows 11, it is stunning the length of delay in opening folders, whether slowly or quickly, in File Explorer. Often, the warning, 'Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CPSharp, Oct 19, 2021.

1. CPSharp Win User

Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11.

Concerning Windows 11, it is stunning the length of delay in opening folders, whether slowly or quickly, in File Explorer. Often, the warning, 'Not Responding' appears in the Task Manager for 'Windows Explorer'. Is there a checklist somewhere that can help troubleshoot the problem? This problem occurred after upgrading to Windows 11 from 10. My system is up-to-date for all updates so far.

:)

CPSharp, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Deuce642 Win User
    windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11. - Similar Threads - second delay opening

2. Why can't windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?: Why can't Windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?I can actually open the original file in its originating app Clip Studio Paint, but when I save it as a PSD, and try to open it by double-clicking in Explorer, I get the following...
  3. Why can't windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?: Why can't Windows 11 find/open a file when the folder with the file in it shows up in Explorer?I can actually open the original file in its originating app Clip Studio Paint, but when I save it as a PSD, and try to open it by double-clicking in Explorer, I get the following...
  4. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  5. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  6. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11.

Up to 14 second delay opening folders in File Explorer in Windows 11.: Concerning Windows 11, it is stunning the length of delay in opening folders, whether slowly or quickly, in File Explorer. Often, the warning, 'Not Responding' appears in the Task Manager for 'Windows Explorer'. Is there a checklist somewhere that can help troubleshoot the...
  8. File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?: Happened to me on almost every Windows installation I've used, despite average specs it almost feels like a curse. File Explorer keeps taking ~2 seconds not responding when I try to open any folder (regardless of contents), and sometimes a minute not responding when I right...
  9. new folder delay 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new folder delay 30 seconds: When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10. Thanks for any...
  10. Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds: I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. utforskaren windows 11 fördröjning