Windows 10: Up to the Minute

Discus and support Up to the Minute in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This question was raised in another forum: "How many of you Keep a Current Disk Image of Your OS Drive?.." To it I wrote the following comment: To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Up to the Minute

[COLOR=rgba133, 98, 0, 1]This question was raised in another forum:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]"How many of you Keep a Current Disk Image of Your OS Drive?.."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba133, 98, 0, 1]To it I wrote the following comment:[/COLOR]
    To this I just wanted to add...

The most critically important credo of any as it applies to modern computing is:

Keep Current. Period, carte blanche, right across the board, everything always. Stay and be up-to-date. The OS via WU, the Store, your images & backups, etc, etc.

AND, not being on the present Win10 or balking at its Updates is not cool nor appropriate. Clinging to Win7 & or obsolete browsers would not be cool, either... not to mention, 7 connected to the Net is dangerous.

Yes with this stuff never ignore, neglect or let things lag.

Have seen so much that could have been avoided & prevented if End Users had been in step & heeded the #1 rule of thumb being discussed herein.

Cheers,
    Drew

:)

Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Up to the Minute

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Up to the Minute

1. Up to the Minute - Similar Threads - Minute

2. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...: One of the few codes i've been getting: Kernel mode trapCache managerIrqr_not_less_or_equalSystem managementKernel heap failureI can't even command prompt to scan my PC for corrupted files because after a minute of being active, gets a crash and starts over again.Not related,...
  3. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...: One of the few codes i've been getting: Kernel mode trapCache managerIrqr_not_less_or_equalSystem managementKernel heap failureI can't even command prompt to scan my PC for corrupted files because after a minute of being active, gets a crash and starts over again.Not related,...
  4. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Crashes minutes into playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes minutes into playing fortnite: Things were going fine for a few months and all of a sudden today after the game is loaded up for a few minutes it crashes the entire PC.I have tried updating graphics card, updating game, reinstall game. I have memory dump files I am able to attach as well.Windows 11 Pro64gb...
  6. PC Crashes minutes into playing fortnite

PC Crashes minutes into playing fortnite: Things were going fine for a few months and all of a sudden today after the game is loaded up for a few minutes it crashes the entire PC.I have tried updating graphics card, updating game, reinstall game. I have memory dump files I am able to attach as well.Windows 11 Pro64gb...
  7. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  8. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  9. I'm having an issue with videogames crashing my pc immediately or after a few minutes. No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with videogames crashing my pc immediately or after a few minutes. No...: I have started seeing my PC crash during video games but not during anything else from other apps to surfing. The last thing I did before the crashes started was a windows and nvidia driver update. Before my pc never crashed, stable as a rock. Here's what I've tried with no...
  10. I'm having an issue with videogames crashing my pc immediately or after a few minutes. No...

I'm having an issue with videogames crashing my pc immediately or after a few minutes. No...: I have started seeing my PC crash during video games but not during anything else from other apps to surfing. The last thing I did before the crashes started was a windows and nvidia driver update. Before my pc never crashed, stable as a rock. Here's what I've tried with no...