Windows 10: Up to the Minute

Discus and support Up to the Minute in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This question was raised in another forum: "How many of you Keep a Current Disk Image of Your OS Drive?.." To it I wrote the following comment: To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Up to the Minute

[COLOR=rgba133, 98, 0, 1]This question was raised in another forum:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]"How many of you Keep a Current Disk Image of Your OS Drive?.."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba133, 98, 0, 1]To it I wrote the following comment:[/COLOR]
    To this I just wanted to add...

The most critically important credo of any as it applies to modern computing is:

Keep Current. Period, carte blanche, right across the board, everything always. Stay and be up-to-date. The OS via WU, the Store, your images & backups, etc, etc.

AND, not being on the present Win10 or balking at its Updates is not cool nor appropriate. Clinging to Win7 & or obsolete browsers would not be cool, either... not to mention, 7 connected to the Net is dangerous.

Yes with this stuff never ignore, neglect or let things lag.

Have seen so much that could have been avoided & prevented if End Users had been in step & heeded the #1 rule of thumb being discussed herein.

Cheers,
    Drew

:)

Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Up to the Minute

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Up to the Minute

1. Up to the Minute - Similar Threads - Minute

2. How to disable this notification? It pops every 30 minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable this notification? It pops every 30 minutes...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkGladir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpry5w/how_to_disable_this_notification_it_pops_every_30/
  3. everytime I start up my pc (a few minutes after at least) my desktop will turn to this and...

everytime I start up my pc (a few minutes after at least) my desktop will turn to this and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedditorDoomham [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpi5o6/everytime_i_start_up_my_pc_a_few_minutes_after_at/
  4. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour System Service Exception: Hi! So for the past 6 hours or so, my laptop which has an i5, 12GB RAM, and Windows 10 Home has been getting the BSOD. It all started when I was browsing on Chrome when it crashed all of a sudden. I can use the laptop for an hour or so, but afterwards it'll just crash without...
  5. Microsoft Store app freezes for a few minutes then shuts down

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app freezes for a few minutes then shuts down: Here's what happens: 1- Launch the app 2- Click on an app 3- The page loads 4- The app freezes Further details: The only buttons that still work are the resize and shut down buttons. If left on its own, the app shuts down on its own about 1 minute or 2 later....
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes: Computer shuts down every 30 minutes? [Original Title: Windows 10 computer.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shutdown-every-30-minutes/31960b85-95dc-49ff-9128-ef4a4d35f33e
  7. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes

BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes: I recently bought this computer from Microcenter, and a couple of months later, I've started getting a BSOD almost every time I'm running certain games (COD:BOCW, Halo MCC) for longer than 15 minutes or so. It's pretty consistent. The BSOD gives the error code...
  8. Give us a minute were updating roblox it should be ready to use again shortly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give us a minute were updating roblox it should be ready to use again shortly: My Windows Version is 20H2 OS Build 19042.867 when I tried to open it many times the text Give us a Minute pop up in my screen My other thread the steps that they gave didnt work and they say i need to make a new thread. Help me to fix this problem My Steps...
  9. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update: Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated...
  10. Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.

Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.: I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and many other things but nothing seems to be working. submitted by /u/ReBl437 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmlu1h/audio_keeps_cutting_out_every_10_minutes_then/