Windows 10: Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions

Discus and support Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All As you probably know I just recently got my very very first SSD, trying to limit amount of writes to it, so wondering how I handle Creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMDMan2016, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions

Hi All

As you probably know I just recently got my very very first SSD, trying to limit amount of writes to it, so wondering how I handle Creators update install, Option A over the top of 1607 via WIndows update, and keep everything, Option B: start the upgrade, and select keep nothing, or Option C, Complete delete of paritions and another clean install of Creators update.

Data is on secondary 2tb hard drive

:)

AMDMan2016, Mar 3, 2017

2. A few questions about the upcoming E6

Hello, I too have the N8 and plan to get the e6 for several reasons , among them a readily removable battery ! I'm a heavy user and it's easier for me to carry a few spares and change them as needed . I plan to to buy a few spare batteries , including
    a extended one ( I'm aware that , for liability reasons , Nokia doesn't recommend other companies' batteries in its phones . ) I notice the e6 will use the BP-4L , which it shares with several other models . The slim extended batteries r no problem , but Mugen
    Power makes a 3600 mAh for the e71 and the n97 , while Cameron Sino makes a 3000 mAh for the n97. I've confirmed the batteries will work , the trouble is the battery doors required . Will either of these doors work or can they be modified to work ? Any help
    is much appreciatef , thanks !

bronzedragon18, Mar 3, 2017
  3. A few questions about the upcoming E6

It has a LCD, so it's not like the N8, where individual pixels can be lit.

The E6 will have Nokia Pure out of the box, as it has Symbian Anna preinstalled.

I'm pretty sure some of the apps work, depending on the dedication of the programmer. The ones having hard coded screen ratios don't. Angry Birds will be a pain to play on a tiny letterbox screen. Even 4" is too little. It's a tablet game.

I would downgrade from N8 (qwertyless full screen slates are not my thing), I would (and probably will) even downgrade from E7.

seppuku---01, Mar 3, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions

All depends on how much of your settings and installed programs/apps you want to keep. I'm going to download the ISO file and save it to my NAS. Then on each of my dozen or so computers on my network mount the ISO file and run setup.exe to do an in-place upgrade without having to download it via Windows update on each computer. The main issue is going to be to get it done before Windows update does it for me anyway.

NavyLCDR, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Well actually wouldn't mind keeping all the current settings, and installed programs, Inplace upgrade might be best way to go then, don't have a NAS here as yet, but probably will download the ISO and save it to one of the flash drives, and tackle it that way most likely.

Other upstairs system running Avast currently, probably will do proper removal of that prior to doing the upgrade, as might go smoother that way.

This one currently running Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes 3 free, (just have to system specs again soon here)

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions

1. Upcoming Creators Update Sometime next month a Few Questions - Similar Threads - Upcoming Creators Update

2. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  3. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  4. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?: Does anybody know about the upcoming version of Windows 12, after Windows 11? I am very curious to know about the Windows 12 version, whether is true or not, or only rumors....
  6. Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Windows 12 upcoming next year? this news is true?: Does anybody know about the upcoming version of Windows 12, after Windows 11? I am very curious to know about the Windows 12 version, whether is true or not, or only rumors....
  7. Problem regarding the upcoming axing of IE11 next year

Problem regarding the upcoming axing of IE11 next year: Hi there,I work for an software company and our main program uses Internet Explorer as it's operation management main screen to click on the buttons to get you to the modules, hence, its web base.Next year, IE11 will be disabled in Windows 10. Microsoft said that it won't be...
  8. A few questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A few questions: Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being...
  9. Media Creator Question

Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492
  10. A few issues post Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A few issues post Creators update: Creators update installed quite well on my small storage 2-in-1 tablet PC, clearing up a few long-standing malfunctions in the process. However, there are a few issues to be resolved: 1. I cannot get the PIN sign-in option to work --- the option is not offered at sign-in...