Windows 10: Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1

Discus and support Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] For those who don't know, Microsoft has been distributing a number of their Windows 10 builds via the "fbl_impressive" development branch, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1

Read more: Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build will be from RTM development branch "TH1"

Brink, Jul 13, 2015
  2. Vladimir Win User

All set here *Wink

Hey M$...Release the gigabytes please !

*Smile

:)

Vladimir, Jul 13, 2015
  3. How to: Qualify PCs running Windows XP, Windows Vista or LINUX for the Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer

According to the new information
    released here by Gabe Aul, this article is invalid. There is no "free upgrade" for XP/Vista users possible by installing
    the Windows build 10130, and exiting the Preview branch ("Stopping Insider builds") at RTM. The build you stop with will expire after a few months just like any other Windows Preview build. Please remove or re-purpose this article. The notion was fun while
    it lasted, though!

Techie007L, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Martmcd Win User

Martmcd, Jul 13, 2015
  5. All set here as well. Getting very close to the time for Gabe to push the button again. *Smile

cyberrufus, Jul 13, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Not yet:

Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1 [​IMG]

Two questions..

Will the VM installation of TP get this update?

What happens, if the end user manually change the registry key value to "TH1"? Just curious about this one...

Cr00zng, Jul 13, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    I'm not computer savvy. I can't figure out how to navigate to that file to find out the branch of my build.

Rocky, Jul 13, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Rocky, if you choose to follow me into the Registry, I must caution you . . . do not change anything there!

OK, right click on Start and select "Run". Type "regedit" without the quotes in the box that appears. This will take you to the Windows Registry.

HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, so click on that. Now, just follow down the list to

SOFTWARE>Microsoft>WindowsSelfHost>Applicability and click on the down arrow as you come to each one. When you finally arrive at Applicability and click that you will see "BranchName" along with a bunch of other things. So now, double click BranchName and If you see "TH1" you are ready for the next build.

Hope this is plain enough for you.

Wynona, Jul 13, 2015
  9. crkr47 Win User
    Worked for me! Thanks very much. *Smile

crkr47, Jul 13, 2015
  10. Use Cortana to start REGEDIT and then use the Edit Find command to search for BranchName. The easy way to navigate. *Wink

alkaufmann, Jul 13, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    I gather you didn't change anything. *Thumbs

Venturing into the Registry for the first time is a scary proposition, but once you've "been there done that" a few times, it's not so bad. I don't change anything unless someone way smarter than I tells me how to. *Smile

Wynona, Jul 13, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    I don't use Cortana because it's not ready for prime time yet! And yeah, you can search for what you need, but sometimes the search veers off into a place you really don't want to be.

Wynona, Jul 13, 2015
  13. cliffr39 Win User

Mine was still the fbl... I just closed regedit, went to Windows Update and clicked check a few times, then went back and it now shows TH1. Worth trying for those that said it was wrong above.

cliffr39, Jul 13, 2015
  14. groze Win User
    @fireberd

You might want to remove the image and then re-upload it with FlightingOwnerGUID marked out unless you are using a clean install of windows 10 preview.

groze, Jul 13, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    Yes, the story said to do that, Cliff.

Wynona, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1 - Similar Threads - Upcoming Insider build

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience. [ATTACH] Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504 Build 22494, which was released...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499...
  4. Windows Developer team shares upcoming dev events

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Developer team shares upcoming dev events: One of the things we all love about being part of an awesome tech community are the opportunities we have to come together at events throughout the year, learning and sharing with one another. To help bring our greater community together more this year, we decided to curate...
  5. Windows 10 for my upcoming build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 for my upcoming build: So, I recently ordered the parts for my upcoming gaming build, and it includes a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Now I'm wondering, which one should I install my windows on? It'd be easier to manage if I put the OS on the 500GB one along with few...
  6. Inside WDG - Branches and Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Inside WDG - Branches and Rings: [img] [img] [img] [img] Source: Insider Hub - "Inside WDG - Branches and Rings" 40448
  7. Prepare for new Windows 10 Development Branch builds

in Windows 10 News
    Prepare for new Windows 10 Development Branch builds: Hello Windows Insiders! We wanted to send out a quick note reminding Windows Insiders to check their ring settings. Now that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) has been released to our customers, it has replaced the Windows 10 November Update (Build 10586) in...
  8. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....
  9. Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds: [img] Microsoft is constantly tweaking the user interface in Windows 10 to make sure the experience is cohesive and that trend will continue with future builds of Windows 10. One area that will be updated in an upcoming build is how searching works inside the OS and the...
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]: Here's a new version of this... This post was updated at 12:00pm on June 22nd. Over the weekend we saw a few articles about this post and confusion that it caused. I’m sorry for that and want to take a moment to clear up a few things. This is a very complex topic,...