Windows 10: Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

Discus and support Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

Read more: Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements WinBeta

:)

Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  2. HorizonWZ Win User
  3. Improvements in OneDrive and Edge for Windows 10 version 1803 (March 26, 2018)

As far as the slow ring builds are concerned for Windows 10 version 1803, what improvements are in store for the upcoming upgrade to Windows 10 I will install the day it comes out? OneDrive files on demand introduced in Windows 10 Redstone 3 was something
    I've always wanted since I learned that was taken out in Windows 10 Threshold 1, the original version of Windows 10. The ability to delete all bookmarks in Edge with just one click would be great!

thomasseymour18901, Feb 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't wait to see that.
    I am still using IE11, waiting for some meaningful improvements on Edge before contemplating a switch.

davidhk, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I might be misunderstanding what was written.

But Edge has ben saving by default from the get-go, which I feel, is A LOT more secure, than running and .exe automatically. I can then scan the download before unpacking or running.

Edge has also never downloaded anything without me clicking somethin first either*Confused

Who is this Zac Bowden? Does he even use Win10?

Cliff S, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Same as you Cliff S
    Also it always ask if when I am on a web site and want to go to a link Edge always asks me if I am sure
    I press Allow once or Always
    That is what I also like

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Is there a setting in Edge to turn this on or off? I never had Edge ask that.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Rocky Win User

In my set up, Edge always asks whether I want to proceed with a download or to follow a link.

Rocky, Feb 14, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    To follow a link I see that in Eight Forums but not here, and on only a few other sites so far(Thank the almighty Gibibyte! It nerves)
    I have the choice to Run or open folder(same as save and safer, as you can scan first)

Cliff S, Feb 14, 2016
  10. Rocky Win User
    I guess that it is site dependent as far as links go. But as far as saving or opening a file, it always asks.

Rocky, Feb 14, 2016
  11. looking forward to this option

hate having to go into downloads folder and delete things that have been auto downloaded

as an example
    Buy an epub book, which use adobe DRM
    Click the link to download, this download is just a one off authorisation file, which then starts the book download
    Edge it saves this file then you click open to download the book
    other browsers, you just click open and it downloads the book, file is not saved as its not needed

these are ascm file types

paulsalter, Feb 14, 2016
  12. Same and that is what I like

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

When I do a download in Edge I get the option to run or open the folder. I just never had Edge ask if I was sure I wanted to follow a link in a web page.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  14. ARC1020 Win User
    Although I don't use Edge due to its feature sparsity, when I've tried it in the past that was one of the things I didn't like with the way it works either. It's things like this that make modern apps clunky to use compared to older software, they may look pretty but are poorly thought out compared to what they're supposed to be replacing. For those who regularly download large files, it meant downloading the files and then manually having to move them from the 'Downloads' folder to another drive, memory stick, etc. afterwards, which is stupid when with IE you could just choose where you wanted to save the files.

Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements [​IMG]

Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements [​IMG]

ARC1020, Feb 14, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Getting more updates to Edge will both fun to see and play around with.

I for one can't wait.

Citizen Z!!

BunnyJ, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements - Similar Threads - Upcoming Redstone builds

2. Windows 10 for my upcoming build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 for my upcoming build: So, I recently ordered the parts for my upcoming gaming build, and it includes a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Now I'm wondering, which one should I install my windows on? It'd be easier to manage if I put the OS on the 500GB one along with few...
  3. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  4. Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in incognito mode. When you use a Chromium-based browser in the incognito mode, the browsing history,...
  5. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update to include new Microsoft Edge features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update to include new Microsoft Edge features: Microsoft is working on a new set of improvements for Microsoft Edge and the alleged changes are projected to arrive with Windows 10 Redstone 5 in the fall of 2019. The latest preview build comes with hints in this regard, revealing some of the features being added to the...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 to bring Fluent Design improvements and more to Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 to bring Fluent Design improvements and more to Edge: Microsoft Edge browser is getting features twice a year with new versions of Windows 10 operating system and security fixes are provided second Tuesday of every month. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will include some major improvements for Edge browser, which is the default web...
  7. Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....: Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on generic applications [img] World of leaks about the future of the Windows operating system is designed in such a way that, sometimes, about the changes in the new system builds we can judge...
  8. Microsoft lays more foundations for Redstone Windows 10 Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lays more foundations for Redstone Windows 10 Build 14257: Microsoft lays more foundations for Redstone in latest Windows 10 Build 14257 by Daniel Robinson 05 Feb 2016 [img] Another week, another Windows 10 preview release. Microsoft has delivered to testers on its Windows Insider programme a new update that prepares the...
  9. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive: Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the cloud storage service being deeply integrated into the OS, it’s a bit surprising that there is not a way to back up your...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements: Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of new user-interface improvements and changes across the operating system for both desktop and phone, after months of working on...