Windows 10: Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs

Discus and support Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The last few updates for Windows 10 Technical Preview were delivered directly from Windows Update for customers registered in the Windows Insiders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs

ISOs of previous builds were made available eventually, but they usually came a few weeks after the the update was delivered through Windows Update. For the upcoming build, it looks like the ISO will be available at the same time as Windows Update.

As for when the next update is set to arrive, Microsoft is holding a Windows 10 event on January 21, which is when we'll likely hear more details about the upcoming OS. There have been indications suggesting that the next build will be a consumer preview, with features like Cortana for desktop and more. We'll have more details to share on January 21.

Until then, what are your thoughts on Windows 10?

:)

Brink, Jan 5, 2015

2. Questions about transitioning from Win 10TP to Win 10RTM at launch.

See here:

Windows Insiders running the Windows 10 Insider Preview (Home and Pro editions) with their registered MSA connected to their PC will receive the final release build of Windows 10 starting on July 29th. This will come as just another flight. I’ve gotten
    a lot of questions from Windows Insiders about how this will work if they clean installed from ISO. As long as you are running an Insider Preview build and connected with the MSA you used to register, you will receive the Windows 10 final release build and
    remain activated. Once you have successfully installed this build and activated, you will also be able to clean install on that PC from final media if you want to start over fresh.

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/19/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

Philip Yip, Jan 5, 2015
  3. About free license

Download Windows 10 Insider Build 10130:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationgui...ws/download-windows-10-technical-preview-iso/

Regarding the "free" license see here:

Windows Insiders running the Windows 10 Insider Preview (Home and Pro editions) with their registered MSA connected to their PC will receive the final release build of Windows 10 starting on July 29th. This will come as just another flight. I’ve gotten
    a lot of questions from Windows Insiders about how this will work if they clean installed from ISO. As long as you are running an Insider Preview build and connected with the MSA you used to register, you will receive the Windows 10 final release build and
    remain activated. Once you have successfully installed this build and activated, you will also be able to clean install on that PC from final media if you want to start over fresh.

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/19/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

Also see here for some details about Microsoft Product Activation which is beginning to be incorporated in Windows 10 Build 10147:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-sneak-glance-at-windows-insider-10-10147/

For this reason I recommend you install Windows 10 Build 10130 as soon as possible.

Philip Yip, Jan 5, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Generally available or only for MSDN -- My TechNet subscription has now expired !! Sigh Sigh !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 5, 2015
  5. Dave44 Win User
    good to have ISOs so can clean install *Smile

Dave44, Jan 5, 2015
  6. Very good question. One would hope it's not restricted to just MSDN. Being a Preview release I'm thinking everyone (that wants it) will be able to download it.

alphanumeric, Jan 6, 2015
  7. There are two flavors of the TP, one Pro? from the insider program and on Enterprise from the Tech Eval channel.

The Enterprise ISO version was released a few days before the Pro version last time around.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs - Similar Threads - Upcoming Technical Preview

2. Windows 10 for my upcoming build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 for my upcoming build: So, I recently ordered the parts for my upcoming gaming build, and it includes a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Now I'm wondering, which one should I install my windows on? It'd be easier to manage if I put the OS on the 500GB one along with few...
  3. RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 News
    RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: We have released a pre-release FFU for RPI3B+ without support for WIFI, Bluetooth, and touch. The FFU can be downloaded from Download Windows 10 IoT .We would like to hear feedback from the community regarding this image. Thanks! Source: RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview...
  4. No Audio on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041: I updated my laptop this morning and my sound doesn't work anymore. My Realtek Audio Driver is updated, i think the OS is the problem. How to fix this? ASUS X551CA Laptop Intel Celeron 2GB RAM P.S. UPDATE Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 -...
  5. Downloading Technical preview ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Technical preview ISO: Don't I have to convert this file before putting it on the HD? 3159
  6. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....
  7. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 now available: Today we are releasing a new Technical Preview build for PCs – 10061. This build will be available to the Fast ring, and will be delivered via Windows Update. You can wait for your PCs normal installation time for Windows Updates and it will install automatically, or you can...
  8. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available: Since the release of build 10041 for PCs we’ve continued to make steady progress, and as I said in the blog post with that one we’re working to bring you builds to the Fast ring faster than before. Builds last week were BIG ones for us as well, since “Project Spartan” was...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available: I’m happy to announce we’re rolling out Build 10041 for PCs to the Fast ring. Like all of the previous preview builds this one comes with a collection of new functionality and bug fixes. The build will only be available through Windows Update for systems already running a...
  10. Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones build 12493 screenshots

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones build 12493 screenshots: Earlier this week, Neowin revealed that a near-final build (12492) of the new Windows 10 preview for phones was being distributed internally to a group of around a thousand testers within Microsoft. The company has promised to make its first preview available this month, and...