Windows 10: Update 1803 "broke" my internet

Discus and support Update 1803 "broke" my internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; And some other stuff.. I recently installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my PC and started with the update process. Right after installing the April... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jake2018, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Jake2018 Win User

Update 1803 "broke" my internet

And some other stuff..

I recently installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my PC and started with the update process.

Right after installing the April 2018 windows update (AKA update 1803), some applications started acting very slow to non working.

This includes the Google Chrome which doesn't open any web pages while microsoft's internet explorer and even Edge work flawlessly. And also NVIDIA experience won't load at all.

I tracked down the culprit to a service called: CryptSvc , and only after stopping it, this unknown bottle neck opens up and everything works like it should, that is.. until the next restart or even sooner when this service restarts itself again.

After update 1803, came update 1809 but the problem hasn't been fixed!

Dear Microsoft, I WE WANT YOU TO ADDRESS THIS BUG AND FIX IT ASAP !

:)

Jake2018, Dec 22, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 broke my internet access

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue, we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you

Aswin_Anand, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Update 1803 "broke" my internet

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/14c5a66e-da78-4969-803d-52337293c6ea?page=1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Update 1803 "broke" my internet

1. Update 1803 "broke" my internet - Similar Threads - Update 1803 broke

2. Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it: Ever since I installed a windows update 2 days ago, the internet on my computer is repeatedly turning on and off while my pc is on. So when I try to load a webpage is could load instantly or take 15 seconds, and I get kicked from online video games over and over. I have...
  3. Windows 10 broke my internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 broke my internet.: Updated from windows 7 to windows 10. After update had no internet access through both wifi and ethernet. Troubleshooter says they "do not have a valid ip configuration". Tried updating drivers, disabling devices and rebooting, disabling anti-virus, changing to manual ip...
  4. Windows 10 update broke internet connection. Error - No Internet, Secured

Windows 10 update broke internet connection. Error - No Internet, Secured: I have Dell inspiron 15R and it has Qualcomm Atheros 1705 wifi device. On 29 Aug 2019, some windows updates were installed on my laptop automatically. Below are the 4 updates that were installed on the PC on that day, 1. Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4507435) 2....
  5. windows 10 update broke my internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update broke my internet: I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset...
  6. 1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App: Hi there, After the most recent patch for Windows (3/19/2019), the Microsoft Camera and Photo app is not working. I verified this on 6 different machines all running 1803. One machine that hasn't been updated yet, is unaffected and the app works just fine. For added...
  7. Win10 ver.1803 Broke My Microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 ver.1803 Broke My Microphone: After I did the update for the Win10 update, my microphone wouldn't work. I checked if it was a hardware based problem, but it's not after using multiple headphones that use the 3.5mm mic jack and even using a USB based microphone. So its clear that its a software based...
  8. Another "1803" broke my home network

Another "1803" broke my home network: I've got a home network with ~9 computers on it. As "bad" as Homegroup seemed to be for some, it worked for me...almost all the time. (On occasion, I'd have to leave the homegroup and then reboot.) Now, with 1803, no two computers can see each other. I -can- access a word...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update: 1803 update went as expected and everything appeared OK until I attempted to open Internet Explorer via mouse click on the Taskbar icon (which failed) and via the Windows START Menu, which also failed. IE does open after a Right click on the Taskbar icon followed by a Right...
  10. It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet

It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet: i have no idea where to even start; but i REALLY need my PC running right away. i have a lot of art projects and a couple essays i need to finish and turn in! As of now, i can't get internet. First it was a Gateway problem, but now it just says my ethernet cable is...