Windows 10: update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer.

Discus and support update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My older laptop won't download 1803. This has been going on for a whole year. I get my 1709 updates and then at the end of the month 1803 keeps trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertSnowden48, Sep 5, 2019.

1. update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer.

My older laptop won't download 1803. This has been going on for a whole year. I get my 1709 updates and then at the end of the month 1803 keeps trying to install. Is there anything I can do to stop these updates.

:)

RobertSnowden48, Sep 5, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer. :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Sep 5, 2019
  4. update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer.

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer.

1. update 1803 still constantly wants to update won't download on my older computer. - Similar Threads - update 1803 still

2. my meterd is off but my updates still won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my meterd is off but my updates still won't download: why does this download pop up daying the metered is on when it isn't.. I don't have no metered on.. & its saying it won't download unless it's off...
  3. my meterd is off but my updates still won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my meterd is off but my updates still won't download: why does this download pop up daying the metered is on when it isn't.. I don't have no metered on.. & its saying it won't download unless it's off...
  4. my meterd is off but my updates still won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update downloads older drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update downloads older drivers: i have a laptop with windows 11, i5 8th gen and uhd 620. i recently found that my graphics card had very old drivers 27.20.100.8935, 28/10/2020 so i headed to intel website, searched drivers for my graphics card and downloaded the most recent one 31.0.101.2111, 19/07/2022 but...
  6. Windows Update downloads older drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update downloads older drivers: i have a laptop with windows 11, i5 8th gen and uhd 620. i recently found that my graphics card had very old drivers 27.20.100.8935, 28/10/2020 so i headed to intel website, searched drivers for my graphics card and downloaded the most recent one 31.0.101.2111, 19/07/2022 but...
  7. Feature Update 1903 is installed in Software Center but "Winver" still shows the older 1803...

Feature Update 1903 is installed in Software Center but "Winver" still shows the older 1803...: Hello everyone, so my laptop is a work, domain joined laptop currently sitting on 1803 version of Windows 10. Our organisation is running on 1903, I installed 1903 version via software centre and it installed successfully and restarted etc. But after the restart when I check...
  8. still no 1809 update. stuck at 1803

still no 1809 update. stuck at 1803: So. I have been trying to update to the new October update for windows 10. I understand that Microsoft pulled the update because of a bug. But have since heard it was released again. So.. I have tried and tried again to update. But both windows update and the update assistant...
  9. W10 won't update to 1803

W10 won't update to 1803: That's error 0xa000400 Very new machine that came with 1709. None of the the help found on MS or other sites seems to apply or work to fix this. ????...
  10. Update 1803 won't install

Update 1803 won't install: I've been trying to install this update several times but always the same happens. After it gets downloaded and installed from windows update i'm asked to reboot my computer. Everything goes fine throughout the "shutting down" process, I get the message saying that windows is...