Windows 10: Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account

Discus and support Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My home PC automatically updated to the latest release and when I logged back on it told me that it couldn't log me into my account and had set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by #nothappy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. #nothappy Win User

Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account

My home PC automatically updated to the latest release and when I logged back on it told me that it couldn't log me into my account and had set up a temporary account. When I looked into my C drive all my files & photos were not there. I can't believe that a update has erased my PC. This had extremely important files on which are not backed up. I've read that sometimes files are 'ghosted'? Can anyone advise?

:)

#nothappy, Jan 24, 2019
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 5, 2019
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 5, 2019
  4. #nothappy Win User

My home PC automatically updated to the latest release and when I logged back on it told me that it couldn't log me into my account and had set up a temporary account. When I looked into my C drive all my files & photos were not there. I can't believe
    that a update has erased my PC. This had extremely important files on which are not backed up. I've read that sometimes files are 'ghosted'? Can anyone advise?

#nothappy, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account - Similar Threads - Update 1809 deleted

2. can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't log into my account: I can't log into my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-my-account/eed64b7d-d06b-44da-8399-2cb1265faf31
  3. can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't log into my account: I can't log into my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-my-account/eed64b7d-d06b-44da-8399-2cb1265faf31
  4. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted: Hi all, Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer intended to be give to her. I downloaded any programmes she'd need like Office and such, then logged out and shut down the...
  5. Latest update deleted files & photos?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update deleted files & photos?!: My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has this happened and is there a way I can get them back?...
  6. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  7. Problem with update on version 1809, this version deleted all my files

Problem with update on version 1809, this version deleted all my files: this morning, when I started my desktop computer, it was updated with the version of windows 10pro version 1809, a version that erased all the files my company is running. I tried everything from the one written here, but nothing works. Please someone to contact me because...
  8. October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files

October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files: October 2018 1809 update deted my folders and files Support and MS Store cannot restore them. Years of important personal health records and financial information is gone. Support does not think any new release will retrieve my files. I cannot get to anyone at Corporate to...
  9. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...
  10. Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files: Hello! Here's my setup. I have been having problems with successfully updating Windows 10 for the past months where the updates failed to install. I followed some steps on deleting some registry keys under ProfileList, which according to the article were causing the...