Windows 10: Update 1809 fails part way through

Discus and support Update 1809 fails part way through in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running 1803 and trying to install 1809. It gets past the reboot and then fails. The error code is 0xC1900101-0x30018, which means a driver error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerrySchwartzNewB, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Update 1809 fails part way through

I'm running 1803 and trying to install 1809. It gets past the reboot and then fails. The error code is 0xC1900101-0x30018, which means a driver error. That's pretty useless information, since there doesn't seem to be any way to inject a driver into the update process.

Based on my experience with 1803, I suspect that it's the IRST (Intel RAID) that's the problem. I worked through three levels of Microsoft support with no resolution. The last tech said they weren't trained on RAID and I had to work with their commercial support people.

Any suggestions?

:)

JerrySchwartzNewB, Dec 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 21, 2018
  3. NickJP Win User
    1809 update fails with 0x800F081F error

I downloaded MediaCreationTool1809.exe and used it to create an installation thumb drive for Win10 x64 1809. I used the thumb drive to update my laptop to 1809 (running setup.exe off the root of the thumb drive), and that completed without problem. After a couple of days without problems on the laptop, I used the thumb drive to update my desktop via the same process, but after performing the initial part of the update, and then rebooting to continue it, setup eventually came back with a window titled "Windows 10 Setup" and containing the text:

We couldn't install Windows 10
    We've set your PC back to the way it was just before you started installing Windows 10
    0x800F081F - 0x20003
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation

A bit of googling showed a couple of possible causes for the problem, but they don't seem applicable - I'm not using 3rd party antivirus, and C: has sufficient free space (~35Gb free). Any suggestions on a fix?

NickJP, Dec 21, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

Update 1809 fails part way through

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Update 1809 fails part way through

1. Update 1809 fails part way through - Similar Threads - Update 1809 fails

2. My windows defender stops updating part way through on my laptop.Any ideas what is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows defender stops updating part way through on my laptop.Any ideas what is...: windows defender freezes up during updating and gives an error message. How can i resolve this to protect my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-defender-stops-updating-part-way/e0df4beb-f239-413e-8b9f-fb4ea89e33c1
  3. PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.: Hi All, My desktop pc (specs and OS info as per 'My Computers' System One) is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the...
  4. Failure Part Way Through Clean Install to New HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure Part Way Through Clean Install to New HDD: Hi, part of the way through a clean install of Windows 10 Home to a new HDD the install fails and my PC emits three long beeps. It did similar yesterday when all I was trying to do was boot from the installation media a USB Drive that I had created with the Media Creation...
  5. a Part of win 10 update failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a Part of win 10 update failed: [ATTACH] how can i fix this, please? i tried googling and attempted a solution but still fails submitted by /u/spykids1010 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e93wji/a_part_of_win_10_update_failed/
  6. Windows 1809 Update fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 Update fails.: Hi, My Toshiba Satellite P55t won't install the 1809 update. Multiple automatic updates have failed. When I try to update via the manual Windows update tool, here's what happens: After the initial phase, the system reboots normally. In the next phase (without the...
  7. Failed version 1809 update

Failed version 1809 update: I’m running version 1803. Constantly getting errors and failures when auto update tries to install version 1809. Impossible to fix this – even clean install fails. I did some research and it is clear I’m not the only one with this issue – I’ve seen hundreds of complaints...
  8. 1809 update failed

1809 update failed: I tried to install the 1809 update yesterday using the Windows 10 update assistant. My computer was restarting had had reached 84% complete after nearly 5 hours of downloading and installing. When I came back to check on it a few minutes latter it was displaying the message...
  9. Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809: I don't understand this: The update to Version 1809 was released 09Oct2018. On my wife's computer, after the first attempt failed, a retry was offered; I took it, and later there was a "Restart" icon, so I clicked on it, after noticing something odd in the names of the...
  10. How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?

How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?: Alternatively, how do you escape the 'create new account' page without creating an account? There's no damn back button, and the email is attached to an account (my dad wasn't sure if he had a Microsoft account). So I'd happily sort his login, or create a local account,...