Windows 10: Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

Discus and support Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WakanTanka1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the 03/10 download and install of the 1809 'beta' (that's what it is, Pro and Business users can postpone these updates for good reason, and MS gives them that option precisely so that they can avoid 'beta- guinea -pigging'!) 'features' update which has completely **** my laptop.

No, I am not happy about it. Crashes, blue screens, restarts, flickering, cmd prompt not working, monitor reformatting, vague error messages/codes, 3rd party software no longer correctly working, etc., etc., ...brief...an almost unusable "expensive" laptop (I am typing on another). I rolled back to the 1803 version, problems rolled back with that. I have now done a fresh online reinstall of Win 10....laptop still ****!!

A nickle laptop used only for work and EXTREMELY well taken care of and protected, physically and internet use wise. Never a SINGLE problem in the 18 months I have had it...and then MS forces an unstable, unnecessary, half-cooked, bs 'features' update into my laptop which they have now effectively rendered unusable! MS who I'm certain will neither acknowledge, repair or compensate for the damage they have caused.

MS is not providing or interested in customer service or satisfaction, they are taking advantage of their customers in moving further and further toward owning our material, information and use of the internet. Because trolling and controlling all of that pays them big dividends. Bottom line!

It is my sincere wish that this 1809 update is as problematic for MANY others as it is for me. Not in my wishing other users misfortune, but in hoping that MS pays some ***** attention and gets their **** **** together! Their getting my laptop back on its feet remains only a wet- ****- dream! Like I said, I am not happy!!!

As I'm expected to formulate a question here...'what would you do?'!!

Signed,

*******byMs

:)

WakanTanka1, Oct 7, 2018

2. critical updates keep rendering laptop unuseable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. When you say "cannot access my laptop", are you referring to being unable to boot the laptop?

2. Is it a particular update that is causing the issue?

3. What exactly is the KB number of the update?

Follow the steps below to check the KB number of the update:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open programs and features.

3. Click "view installed updates" on the left pane.

4. Locate the update and note down the KB number.

Updates are installed periodically to improve and enhance the performance of the operating system. It is unusual that the update would cause problem to your operating system. In order to identify if the update is causing the issue, I would suggest you to
    try uninstalling the update and check again. To uninstall the update, follow the steps given above to check the KB number, right click on the update and uninstall it.

If uninstalling the update resolves the issue, follow the steps given in the help article on
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 7, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

Windows 10 update causes a problem with Paperport 14, a program that worked perfectly before the last update.

The latest Windows 10 update rendered Paperport 14 unusable. Paperport can no longer find the Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner profile. I can operate the scanner through the Control Panel screen so I know it's functional but I want to continue to
    use Paperport 14 which worked perfectly up until the Windows update.

ScienceTeacher65, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

1. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!! - Similar Threads - Update 1809 has

2. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  3. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  4. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KB5003637 Security Update Rendered Laptop Unusable, Won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003637 Security Update Rendered Laptop Unusable, Won't Uninstall: Hi folks,I installed a Windows update today that included Security Update KB5003637. After I rebooted, everything on my taskbar disappeared, and if I scroll over it my cursor shows the "loading" wheel. I can't click start or connect to the internet. My laptop is basically...
  6. Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable

Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable: As of the update I installed on my laptop last night, ALL of my drivers have been rendered broken, meaning I have no audio, internet, or anything of the like. I cannot even open windows update without it closing itself. Nothing works anymore, and I am incredibly annoyed by...
  7. My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.

My laptop is became slow and nearly unusable after the version 2004 update.: Yesterday like any other update notification, a notification said there is a new feature update. So without thinking much I updated it. It took like two hours to install. After the reboot, my laptop is barely working. I don’t think it’s the specs cause I got good enough specs...
  8. 2004 Update Renders PC unusable

2004 Update Renders PC unusable: Updated to Windows 10 version 2004 last night and now the PC is nearly unusable. It took more than 14 hours. When I'm able to run the Task Manager, I see that only 5% of CPU, 32% of RAM, and 2% of Disk SSD is being used. I have over 380 GB of disk space, so none of those...
  9. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....: Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work again after the last "updates" which killed my ability to work online. Bad timing eh? I did go in and update the sound...
  10. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop barely usable!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop barely usable!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paperport software windows 1809 text issue