Windows 10: Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.

Discus and support Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed. It appears to have been reverted to a very old version of my desktop. Where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lintekPC, Feb 22, 2019.

1. lintekPC Win User

Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.

Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed. It appears to have been reverted to a very old version of my desktop. Where it came from, who knows. Is there a way to restore my desktop back to its appearance before the update?

:)

lintekPC, Feb 22, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 22, 2019
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.

icons on desktop keep changing

Hello Norman,

As you are facing issues with desktop icons changing the color on Windows 10 we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to un full system virus scan and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.

1. Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed. - Similar Threads - Update 1809 installed

2. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-downloads-location-to-a-folder-and/a9b7f0ed-671e-4424-858e-6385761b31af
  3. My computer has just updated and my cursor has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer has just updated and my cursor has disappeared.: Tried Fn and the F Keys. This hasn't worked. Tried device manager but neither pointers nor human interface devices is there to select. Went to the manufacturers website to install the latest driver but I can't do that without a cursor. Any help would be grately...
  4. My entire layout has changed after recent update……WHY?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My entire layout has changed after recent update……WHY?: My windows just updated and now my computer is going wicked slow, all the at a glance tiles were on my desktop……i right clicked each one to remove, now my background picture is greyed out, i cant right click anywhere on my desktop, all my desktop icons are gone and i have all...
  5. Windows just did an automatic update and now the entire start screen has changed and none...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows just did an automatic update and now the entire start screen has changed and none...: I just recently had an automatic Windows update take place and afterwards it completely wiped out my Start screen with the old user profile! None of my programs are available and it is extremely frustrating! I followed some of the suggestions about looking in the registry...
  6. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...
  7. 1809 just installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1809 just installed: all seems fine other than wordpad suddenly wants default over open office. winpatrol stops it 5 times an hour how do i shut wordpad up 129066
  8. 1809 just installed

1809 just installed: all seems fine other than wordpad suddenly wants default over open office. winpatrol stops it 5 times an hour how do i shut wordpad up 129066
  9. Update has wiped my entire computer

Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...
  10. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...