Windows 10: Update 1809 keyboard issue

Discus and support Update 1809 keyboard issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Soa couple of days ago I installed the new 1809 update for Windows, and since then my keyboard hasn't been working. The only buttons that respond are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by unidrago, Dec 22, 2018.

1. unidrago Win User

Update 1809 keyboard issue

Soa couple of days ago I installed the new 1809 update for Windows, and since then my keyboard hasn't been working. The only buttons that respond are the Function and the FN key.

I tried many of the solutions I found online, such as deleting the keyboard from the device manager and rebooting, deleting updates, and just many other such things, but nothing has worked so far. It's not cause of the filter keys either.

Worst of all is now the device manager doesn't even show a keyboard, just the number pad, so I just really don't know what's going, nor how to fix this.

Can anybody help?

:)

unidrago, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

Keyboard Issues

Hi Lacey,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G551JW/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Update 1809 keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Update 1809 keyboard

2. Lag issues after the 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lag issues after the 1809 update: I recently purchased my new laptop. Specifications: i5 7th Gen 2.5GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB dedicated graphic memory, nvidia MX130. It came with pre-installed genuine windows 10 OS (and it was activated). It was running in the 1709 version of the windows 10. Most of the available...
  3. 1809 Update Significant Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809 Update Significant Issues: Just updated to 1809 last night, experiencing multiple weird issues. Font and window colors seem abnormal, and application borders are messed up. File Explorer: https://gyazo.com/808c1e7fd2b5b0283607f0a80bb5962f https://gyazo.com/15f4359f86482198313d64c62790202a...
  4. Issues with features update 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with features update 1809: After update to features version 1909, Edge can malfunction immediately on some devices. I also noticed issues with PLAY store and there may be others I have failed to notice. The error occurs on opening Edge with a screen that says OPPS something went wrong with an error...
  5. 1809 issue or software issue?

1809 issue or software issue?: The Microsoft Refreshing Tool doesn't work on Windows 10 - 1809 this is what I'm getting when I run the tool to refresh my windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-issue-or-software-issue/cd82a06d-2665-4d44-b500-25bb3791443b
  6. Windows Update 1809 - Login issues

Windows Update 1809 - Login issues: Hi, I have recently updated my laptop to the latest update 1809 post which, my laptop asks for a password which was never set. I always had a pin but never a password. I have tried using my Microsoft account's password but the Airplane mode is on and it gives me the...
  7. 1809 Update issues

1809 Update issues: Hello Microsoft and Community. i am experiencing a weird issue which i can't quite put my hands on. whenever i perform the 1809 update in an company environment. one specific user account on different computers(desktop or notebook) gets an black background instead of the...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue

Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue: Ok, I want to start this post saying I am heated but trying not to let it get to me as to make an informative and purposeful post. This evening I updated to Windows version 1809. I had heard from a friend that they added a night theme and a couple other features i was...
  9. Possible Update Issues for 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible Update Issues for 1809 ?: FWIW Earlier this week, Microsoft pushed out its monthly set of updates to various versions of Windows 10, including version 1809Do not let your PC update Windows 10 the Fall 2018 (1809) version quite yet. This is the SECOND set of...
  10. update issue in 1809

update issue in 1809: hi joydeep sir still today same issue cant do windows update in 1809 giving error message cant do windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-in-1809/fc40ff57-eed1-4b4d-a65a-2838cbf679c8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard issues windows 1809

2. windows 10 1809 region and keyboard

3. 1809 update fails after selecting keyboard