Windows 10: Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear

Discus and support Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing July Win10 update 1903 (which incidentally took over four hours using Windows 10 Update Assistant) I get a new message in Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdmike1974, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear

After installing July Win10 update 1903 (which incidentally took over four hours using Windows 10 Update Assistant) I get a new message in Action Center which is a bit unclear.

What does this 'Focus assist' setting mean to you? What is the impact?

Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear ba715dbd-f36e-452e-bb2b-de709428461c?upload=true.jpg

For example, which setting are most of you choosing? Why would you want to ignore all notifications except for alarms?

Your thoughts?

:)

sdmike1974, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Action Center Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2:

Change notifications in action center

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I also have this problem.
    Upgraded to 1903 2 computers, and the "Start, taskbar, and action center" is not grayed out.
    Clean installed 1903 on another PC and there it IS greyed out!
    Tried suggestions above without success.

lafargeotte, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear

1. Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Action

2. Wifi settings and action center not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi settings and action center not working: So I have been trying to figure out what to do because my wifi connects to the already known networks out there but won't show me any new ones. My action center won't open either. I have reset my laptop, I have scanned it, I have done so many things to try to fix the...
  3. Settings crashing and action center not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings crashing and action center not working: A day or two ago my notification center stopped working. It is blank when it actually opens and closes after a few seconds. The main issue seems to stem form the background setting which allows for apps to run in the background, however the issue now is that whenever I open...
  4. System Tray and Action Center gone after 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray and Action Center gone after 1903: My system tray and action center are gone after 1903 update. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-and-action-center-gone-after-1903/66feb575-a4cb-48d3-8e7d-e9624f648508
  5. Brightness slider in Action Center and settings

Brightness slider in Action Center and settings: Why is there no Brightness Slider in the action center when the upgrade to version 1903 clearly says that there is a slider there? The brightness settings on my screen are awkward so I would prefer to just take the user friendly option that 1903 is advocating. I can't see...
  6. action center wont open after 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    action center wont open after 1903: hello, after updating to 1903, I can only access the action center by clicking in the balloon icon the first time i try. after it opens the first time, if I click on the balloon again, nothing happens. I have to restart the explorer exe process in order to make it work again....
  7. Taskbar action center settings

Taskbar action center settings: how can I display action center icons side by side not under each other. II have to unlock taskbar, increase size then adjust volume / see battery charge etc. I want the icons side by side again...
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  9. Set Action Center Icon Off

Set Action Center Icon Off: Howdy, Settings : Personalization : Taskbar : Turn system icons on or off. Turn off Action Center. How to do it via registry? I searched a lot to find the registry key to turn it off and no luck. Everywhere mentioned that to disable it this code can work:...
  10. Action Center Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center Settings: All of a sudden I am getting stock market notifications on my action center. Where is that coming from and how do I change the action center settings to stop this? 26506

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up action centre win 10 version 1903