Windows 10: Update 1903 Disaster

Discus and support Update 1903 Disaster in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bet this gets scrubbed of the Microsoft websites! My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobfunduro, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Update 1903 Disaster

I bet this gets scrubbed of the Microsoft websites!

My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !!

My data files - disappeared.

Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared.

My email accounts - disappeared.

My bookmarks - disappeared.

My settings - disappeared.

Personal settings - disappeared.

A complete disaster.

I cannot figure out why Microsoft can change my computer, that belongs to me, with such a corrupt piece of software? Do they not test or do they rely on screwing their users computers to learn how not to do it?

The evidence is conclusive when searching the net that this update is completely useless and disruptive.

It comparable to an inept burglar breaking into your business office and trashing the place.

Is it possible to send Microsoft the bill for me giving this to a Microsoft engineer to fix?

Love to see them in court with a class action. Any one tried it?

Getting an Apple After Christmas!

:)

bobfunduro, Oct 24, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Oct 24, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Oct 24, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update 1903 Disaster

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update 1903 Disaster :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Update 1903 Disaster

1. Update 1903 Disaster - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Disaster

2. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  3. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  4. UPDATE APRIL DISASTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPDATE APRIL DISASTER: The update the other day obliterated my system. No recovery point available, so I tried to figure out how to fix the loss of my desktop , which left me without access to my default browser with saved passwords and ability to access a few programs. I have copied all my files,...
  5. UPDATE APRIL DISASTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPDATE APRIL DISASTER: The update the other day obliterated my system. No recovery point available, so I tried to figure out how to fix the loss of my desktop , which left me without access to my default browser with saved passwords and ability to access a few programs. I have copied all my files,...
  6. Latest DISASTER of an update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Latest DISASTER of an update: Microsoft- This updated already ruined one brand new computer, which I was fortuntaley able to return. It nearly ruined my second, until I connected a ISB keyboard, and rolled back the updates. I tried that on mymprevious computer and it would mot work. I had to do a full...
  7. February Update Disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    February Update Disaster: My computer decided to force an update on me on 2/28/20. When it re-booted, I lost ALL my pictures/files/folders. This happened back during the "lovely", Octobre 2018 update. I even lost my "favourites", book marks, etc. from Google Chrome, as well. I tried to un-install...
  8. After the disaster W10 update 1903 - How to reinstate Thunderbird and Firefox

After the disaster W10 update 1903 - How to reinstate Thunderbird and Firefox: Hi All. After the disaster W10 update 1903 How do I re-instate my Thunderbird email accounts and folders that 1903 trashed? Ditto - Firefox bookmarks? Please bear in mind I'm no Tech Wizard. Thank you for your time in correcting MS inept blunder....
  9. Upadate 1903 Disaster!

Upadate 1903 Disaster!: I bet this gets scrubbed of the Microsoft websites! My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files - disappeared. Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared. My email accounts - disappeared. My bookmarks -...
  10. Update 1903 Disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 1903 Disaster: I bet this gets scrubbed of the Microsoft websites! My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files - disappeared. Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared. My email accounts - disappeared. My bookmarks -...