Windows 10: update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

Discus and support update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. I have made three attempts, and it goes through the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertWing, Aug 20, 2019.

1. update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. I have made three attempts, and it goes through the process of downloading and then going through the install process. The first time I tried, it said my drive was compressed and I need to decompress it. I did that. Then I downloaded it again and attempted to update. Just know, it takes an hour to download and I have to download every time I try. It appeared to update, and I assumed it had, until today and I got a regular update. I then again saw the notice telling me the version of Windows 10 was nearing the end of support. I looked at the history and it said the prior update had failed. I just tried updating again, and it appeared to update until I again looked at the history and it says it failed again. The reason it gives is "Failed to install on ‎8/‎15/‎2019 - 0xc19001e1" I have no idea what it means. Help me figure this out.

:)

RobertWing, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Megahertz Win User

How long to install 1903 update--new laptop

I downloaded the 1903 iso and ran the setup.
    It took about 2 hours (many steps with many reboots) to update.
    In my case it worked without issues but there are many users that encounter problems like USB not working.
    Just after installation, WU did a huge update on it (probably to fix the 1903 bugs).

Megahertz, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Windows update, 1903

• my update 1903 has been stuck at 99% for 4 hours now. It say downloading. Yet nothing is. Has CPU maxed. Please advise

justaoldhippy, Aug 20, 2019
  4. MJLONGLEY Win User

update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

1. update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. - Similar Threads - update 1903 install

2. KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?: I had to factory restore my PC and all the other updates have installed but KB5031358 has been on 91% for over an hour now.How long should I leave it?Can I restart the device as Windows Update is telling me to? I’m not sure if I should with this update not installed.Some...
  3. KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5031358 Windows Update downloading over an hour?: I had to factory restore my PC and all the other updates have installed but KB5031358 has been on 91% for over an hour now.How long should I leave it?Can I restart the device as Windows Update is telling me to? I’m not sure if I should with this update not installed.Some...
  4. why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does explorer spend hours using 30% - 40% after update: Every time I get update for hours after explorer uses 30-40% of my cpu. Its annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-explorer-spend-hours-using-30-40-after/6ef90d26-1eda-4ea1-9007-df64ee535a9c
  5. Over 24 hours of Wifi Download?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over 24 hours of Wifi Download?: With the May 2020 update, I am seeing about 300Kb/s of download. This has been going on for over 24 hours. 1. Is this what to expect for the May 2020 update? 2. Would the use of the wifi network block other Internet using software from connectivity? My Firefox cannot reach...
  6. Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing

Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing: I get the following message on the update page: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  7. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!: I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I have to go into services and manually delay updates because it will keep doing this in a loop. How in earth do I fix this and...
  8. WIN10 Update to 1903 Tries to Install Enterprise over Pro

WIN10 Update to 1903 Tries to Install Enterprise over Pro: Hi, everyone. My first post. Short question: Why 1903 wants to turn my Pro install into an Enterprise install and then yell at me that my product key is invalid? And how do I fix it? The whole story, in case you can't sleep tonight, or don't want to back and forth asking me...
  9. Updates running for over an hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates running for over an hour: I booted my other laptop which I have not used for two months and checked for updates. It immediately started downloading updates and, I assume, installing them. It has been running for over an hour and the h/d light is still blinking steadily, so something is still going on....
  10. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...