Windows 10: Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

Discus and support Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know if they patched this update? I was forced into 1909 today from 1809 and saw that this was one of the bigger issues. I'm not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demonicvampiregirl, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

Does anyone know if they patched this update? I was forced into 1909 today from 1809 and saw that this was one of the bigger issues. I'm not able to really find anything on it being fixed but just wanted to see if anyone here knew of anything at all.

If they didn't fix this, how do I fix this myself? I'd rather not have my PC starting up by itself, I had issues with that prior to this from some other issue. It was fixed by taking it into a repair place so it was more than likely hardware related than software.

Edit: also, does this only affect PCs that are in Sleep Mode? I always have mine set to shut off, I even adjusted the power settings for this as I do not need fast start with the SSD I have in my PC. I'm just trying to prevent this from starting up.

submitted by /u/demonicvampiregirl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demonicvampiregirl, Mar 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 4, 2020
  3. How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it

Greg,

As you suggested I have changed my connection status to metered, viewing the Orchestrator in Task Scheduler/Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator I now find:

Maintenance Install: Disabled

MusUx_UpdateInterval: Ready

Reboot: Disabled

Schedule Retry Scan: Ready

Schedule Scan: Ready

USO_Broker_Display: Ready

At least now the Maintenance Install and Reboot are disabled, which is step in the right direction.
    However when viewing services (services.msc) UpdateOrchestrator is listed as Automatic (delayed Start), which starts without notice or warning thus causing system lag and most of the time freezing of programs; and if the program has suspended for a length
    of time it is closed automatically, which means loss of data and time to reenter the data when I can access the program again.
    Only time will tell if this had actually solved my issue with Update Orchestrator.

I thank you for your assistance and suggestions, and wish you clear horizons, fair winds and a star to guide by.

PatrickCovich, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

Administrator account not allowed to disable UpdateOrchestrator Reboot task after latest update

Did you use

1) cmd with admin rights =>

2) psexec64 cmd.exe

before the erroring command?

I assume you did though. What does it say in Task Scheduler (admin again) under

Task Scheduler Library => Microsoft => Windows

The tasks are listed there in alphabetic order. Is UpdateOrchestrator listed? If not, then UpdateOrchestrator is not causing your restarts. Maybe look Event Log to identify which task is doing restarts in your configuration.

TapioValli, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

1. Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator - Similar Threads - Update 1909 UpdateOrchestrator

2. Updating To update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating To update 1909: Hi i'm trying to update to update 1909 and it let me do it but when i go back to check it says that Im not up to date and Your device is missing important security and quality fixes....
  3. TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer

in Windows 10 Support
    TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer: This seems to be waking my computer every morning at 12:32AM. I would appreciate info on how to stop this. Here are the details: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date: 1/31/2020 12:32:32 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Information...
  4. update 1909

update 1909: Has anyone lost use of their computer due to this update? My computer will not boot up or even respond to the power button since the update was installed. I cant even reach the bios to change the boot order so I can use the rescue disk. Any suggestion on how to proceed?...
  5. Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator: This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft should compensate for wasted electricity. Not only the computer is running but the screens are forced to stay on too which normally turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have wasted 24+ hours on this nonsense. Some of the...
  6. Error updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error updating to 1909: I've been getting error 0x8007007e when trying to install the November 2019 1903 Cumulative update and 1909 Update. Can anyone explain what is causing this error and how to fix it? submitted by /u/Hikaritoyamino [link] [comments]...
  7. Update 1909

Update 1909: when will update 1909 be available for me on windows 10 Pro? I have windows pro 10 update 1809. Please Advise my emails are navymist *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UpdateOrchestrator: Hi. First time posting. My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw it now at 11 am. I have tried to disable this event and nothing has worked . I need a solution to this problem because i...
  9. Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?: Under UpdateOrchestrator there's a reboot task that always turns on the computer randomly. I disable option to wake my computer, but it always turns itself back on after every minor Windows update. Can someone make a script to just make sure to turn it off every day? 95262
  10. Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator: Hey guys, not sure what subforum to put this in.. A little background information since I am new to this forum. I've been using W10 since it first came out, and I really loved it being a fan of Windows 7. I felt like Anniversary Update made it even better! Then, Creators...