Windows 10: Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

Discus and support Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft posters, I use noise cancelling headphones for my hyperacusis, I cannot live without them since I got it, the slightest noises give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Melymnia, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Melymnia Win User

Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

Dear Microsoft posters,

I use noise cancelling headphones for my hyperacusis, I cannot live without them since I got it, the slightest noises give me ear jaw and neck cramps and can make my tinnitus worse.

So, after spending a lot of troubleshooting, I got bluetooth on my PC working with a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle and it can connect to my headphones. This is on Windows 10 version 1809.

However, yesterday Windows forced an update to 1909, and the dongle or any other Bluetooth functionality just completely didn't work anymore, even after spending several hours troubleshooting. Reverting back to 1809 fixed the issue instantly, but Windows keeps telling me that it will update to 1909 when I shut down my computer.

If I check online, a lot of people have the same issue. This is very important to me, so if this update breaks my Bluetooth, I don't want it. How do I block it, or somehow make sure update 1909 won't render my expensive headphones useless?

:)

Melymnia, Mar 23, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

Windows 10 1909 Broke My Bluetooth

Same problem. Instant failure of the bluetooth as soon as 1909 was forced upon me. There isn't even a slider anymore to turn it on. Please stop breaking working computers by forcing people to update bad updates.

NoneYa1313, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

1. Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth - Similar Threads - Update 1909 breaks

2. Airpods breaking bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods breaking bluetooth: Hi guys we have had two instances where users have connected Airpods to their computers via Bluetooth and it has completely broken their Blutooth connections. We haven't really been able to find a fix for this except to reimage the machine. And let the user know not to...
  3. Bluetooth feature is breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth feature is breaking: Recently i updated the windows 10 to latest version 2004 now Bluetooth is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-feature-is-breaking/1505f4ee-a6c1-42e8-9fa2-5e43f21d5fc0
  4. Windows update 1909 screwed up my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1909 screwed up my Bluetooth: I notice an unknown device detected as a USB. [ATTACH] I tried : chkdsk /r /f sfc /scannow reinstalling the latest driver uninstall the unknown device but nothing works. Why do these update mess up with the peripherals : Anyone with other suggestions ?...
  5. Cumulative update to 1909 may break IP networking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cumulative update to 1909 may break IP networking?: Yesterday pc applied the latest windows update, I believe was a cumulative patch for 1909, bringing the build to 18363.592. Today, when I started to use the PC all networking came to a halt, and the computer made various complaints about misconfigured IP settings. Wifi was...
  6. Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array

Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array: Hey folks, So I have two AMD-RAID Toshiba DT01ACA3 SCSCI Disk devices that are grouped in one array. When I tried to update Windows I got a message saying I needed to update my AMD-RAID drivers because the old drivers did not play nicely with the new update, with this...
  7. Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate: After updating to feature update 1909, my computer started freezing during all reboots (the reboot animation freezes, and won't continue even after waiting 5+ hours). Hibernate is also broken - when I start the computer from hibernate, the screen turns off, and the computer...
  8. 1909 update breaking rgb ram lighting control?

1909 update breaking rgb ram lighting control?: Just updated to 1909 on both of my machines and now I have 0 control over the ram lighting Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Specs: PC 1 9900k Asus z390 rog Maximus 32gb trident z rgb Using Asus armoury crate for lighting control PC 2 7700k Asus z270 e strix...
  9. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  10. Update breaks Bluetooth.

Update breaks Bluetooth.: Don't know if anyone else has suffered this problem, but an update earlier today (Toshiba RFBUS) has broken Bluetooth on my PC. Bluetooth is showing (without errors) in Device Manager but it does not work. A search for 'bluetooth settings' in Win 10 gives a result, but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which windows update breaks bluetooth windows 10 1909