Windows 10: Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

Discus and support Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Loki1944, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Loki1944 Win User

Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio?

:)

Loki1944, Dec 19, 2020
  2. RickyGeu Win User

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Dec 19, 2020
  3. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Dec 19, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar - Similar Threads - Update 1909 broke

2. KB5033372 broke my search bar

in Cortana
    KB5033372 broke my search bar: Pre-update https://i.gyazo.com/f1d20c5de040c3b8b5b070083bcb9001.pngAfter-updatehttps://i.gyazo.com/1599543a6d81be39c0ff493a00189639.pngThe temporary solution is obviously to uninstall the update, but I don't see it as a definitive solution. Am I the only one this is happening...
  3. Windows Broke My Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Broke My Audio: Some one please help. I updated windows recently and this morning when I woke up for class windows no longer picks up my yeti mic and Bluetooth Corsair headset. I’ve tried almost everything but they just don’t seem to be getting picked up by my pc anymore pls help submitted...
  4. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  5. Windows update 2004 broke search bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update 2004 broke search bar: This new search does not allow me to use advanced options such as "dimensions:", nor does it let me preview possible results. How do I uninstall the update?...
  6. 1909 Update broke stuff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Update broke stuff: Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)....
  7. updates broke my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates broke my audio: How can have audio again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-broke-my-audio/44cc99cb-5a62-4e6e-9325-e34112a7990a
  8. Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser: Two days ago I did the 1909 update. Since then my Chrome browser has become all quirky. When I close a tab, the entire browser minimizes. When I go to open a YouTube video in another tab, both the new tab and the current tab show the video playing. And then when I hit 'back'...
  9. Windows 10 1909 Broke My Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 Broke My Bluetooth: Yesterday I moved from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1909 by deleting everything on the hard drive. My Bluetooth headset, which was working properly before the format process, was no longer detected. I tried connecting again after making sure I had installed all the drivers...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update broke my audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...