Windows 10: update 1909 has ruined my laptop

Discus and support update 1909 has ruined my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DJ44x, Nov 17, 2019.

1. /u/DJ44x Win User

update 1909 has ruined my laptop

My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that can be changed? What would explain this? Never had any issues like this with any other update.

submitted by /u/DJ44x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DJ44x, Nov 17, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Nov 17, 2019
  4. RR2103 Win User

1909 Release date

Version 1909

Systembuilt 18363

www.deskmodder.de 18363.10022

Will a complete Update be available ? Do You have any idea about the reported errors of 1909 in the startup and the security options ?

RR2103, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. update 1909 has ruined my laptop - Similar Threads - update 1909 has

2. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  3. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  4. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  5. The last windows update has totally ruined the way my laptop has been working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last windows update has totally ruined the way my laptop has been working: Window did an update and installed EDGE without my permission. Now I have the following issues: All pdf's open in web browser, not pdf reader I have fixed this but it should not have happened in the first place !!!!!! I cannot share my outlook exchange calendar as it opens...
  6. 2020-01 update for windows 1909 (KB4497165) has ruined my brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2020-01 update for windows 1909 (KB4497165) has ruined my brand new laptop: EDIT: I’ve discovered the cause of the poor performance - the CPU is locked at 0.38GHz. Not sure why, though. Trying to suss that part out. I also finally got the Microsoft support page for that update to load - it’s a microcode update for Intel CPUs, so why is it being...
  7. Windows Security Update KB4524569 has ruined my laptop's HDMI capability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security Update KB4524569 has ruined my laptop's HDMI capability: So ever since update KB4524569 was installed my laptop couldn't use HDMI. After fooling around with drivers for hours I finally figured there was an update and uninstalled it. All fine and dandy until the update sneakily reinstalled itself one day and right as I sit down for...
  8. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(: Hello, My Laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows 10, however now the thing wont work, it takes forver to login and when it does i get a blank screen, the bottom bar is there but i can't click it, andnothing i do works, i cant acess anything because it tells...
  10. Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities: Hello, I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett 2i2 1st gen) Since the update my PC still recognizes the 2i2 but recording programs like Audacity and Acoustica now say...