Windows 10: Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?

Discus and support Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We all know that Microsoft, for all the good things they do, whacked us pretty hard when they dropped us from using HomeGroup. Is there a workaround in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichCollins1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?

We all know that Microsoft, for all the good things they do, whacked us pretty hard when they dropped us from using HomeGroup. Is there a workaround in this era of forcing us out of the convenience to share files with other users in our home? I've tried one from youtube but it doesn't work on the latest update which is KB4565627

:)

RichCollins1, Jul 31, 2020

2. 2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

Hello,
    My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10.

First, my system is as follows:
    there are 4 computers:
    3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem directly.
    1 laptop windows 10 Home edition, connected wirelessly.

The problem that I have is as follows:
    I have been using "Homegroup" for the past 3 years or so, and it always worked very well.
    But ever since the "Creator's update" released either in April or may 2017, the Homegroup feature is broken.

My main computer which was the one who started the "Homegroup" got updated first, and after that, no other computer sees the homegroup.

However, I need to explain the following:
    My main computer, who started the homegroup, still sees the "old homegroup" as active, AKA Ghost homegroup.
    I have tried to delete it by following the steps here
    Fix issues with the homegroup in Windows 10

Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder

1. Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    2. Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
    3. Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
    4. Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
    5. Turn off your computers.
    6. Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
    7. This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.

I have followed this step by step. But I cant get rid of the old "homegroup".
    This started to happen only after I upgraded to the "Creators update" and all computers are up to date.

How can I get rid once and for all from this ghost homegroup.

I have the followed the above mentioned steps, in each of the computers in the network. This ghost homegroup still appears and I can't join it, or leave it.

leinad23ec, Jul 31, 2020
  3. HomeGroup sharing stability

Thanks for updating us on the result of recreating the homegroup network. SInce the issue is still occurring, we suggest that you follow the steps below to run the automated homegroup troubleshooter available in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + X to open the quick link menu and from the list of options select
      Control Panel.
    • Once Control Panel is open, select Network and Internet
      from the options provided.
    • Under Network and Internet select the option HomeGroup and then on the lower portion look for the option labeled " Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter".
    The automated troubleshooter will detect errors within the homegroup and attempt to automatically correct any error that can cause the homegroup network to not function as intended.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?

create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?

1. Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help? - Similar Threads - Update 2004 still

2. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any solutions?: submitted by /u/Sorry-Doughnut3779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knz4lo/any_solutions/
  3. Any solution ?

Any solution ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bb3scw08k7y51.png?width=296&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7985eaac302323257b13f4b5e1e4d9efddfd7a7 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqwqkf/any_solution/
  4. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any solutions?: Hiya! I've got a new problem- my Windows, Shift+R combination, and Alt keys are not working! We installed Bandicam from a user named unpack98 from GitHub. Technically, it turned out that he had a ransomware in his repositories the one that attacked us was...
  5. Help with update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with update to 2004: Yesterday my HTPC updated to Win 10 - 2004. The update did not go smoothly. After the update the computer audio is completely messed up. The mouse (logitech trackpad) is jerky and not working properly (virtually every function is doing something odd). The whole computer is...
  6. Any Solutions..?

Any Solutions..?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IcyAcanthopterygii36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc9rzk/any_solutions/
  7. Still can't update to 2004

Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  8. Still waiting for the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  9. Help with 2004 update

Help with 2004 update: Hey guys 2004 update showed up in my Windows Updates. That thing was struck on "getting things ready - 0%" for like an eternity and it downloaded like 5GB of data overtime. So I rebooted and started windows update again, it said 'downloading - 99%' at which it again...
  10. Still crashes when sleeping - any new solutions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still crashes when sleeping - any new solutions?: I still have not solved the issue of my computer crashing when sleeping, and the original thread is closed. (Windows 10 Home) I should add that when I try to start it after sleeping, merely pressing the power button does not work. I have to hold the power button and...