Windows 10: Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop

Discus and support Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently updated my PC to build 2004 and one thing that's been happening ever since is that deleted files randomly appear on my desktop, never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fr0stehsnew, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop

I've recently updated my PC to build 2004 and one thing that's been happening ever since is that deleted files randomly appear on my desktop, never had this issue before. If I try to delete them I get this message

submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fr0stehsnew, Jul 31, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 31, 2020
  3. My computer randomly deletes some files

I have a file for a game that i can't play because my laptor randomly deletes files for no reason.I extract files from a folder to the game folder,and my laptop randomly deletes the files for no reason.I'm on version 2004 and i have an msi gl75 9sd/95d.

transam33o, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop

1. Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Update 2004 Deleted

2. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  3. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  4. Hello, a file appeared on my desktop that can't be opened or deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, a file appeared on my desktop that can't be opened or deleted.: Hello, i afiled appeared on my desktop and it can't be deleted or opened. It's not a file that i've created and it doesn't shown an icon. It's called ''data application_x-zip-compressed;base64" and then it has some numbers and letters. I am afraid that it might be some kind...
  5. Hello, a file appeared on my desktop that can't be opened or deleted.

Hello, a file appeared on my desktop that can't be opened or deleted.: Hello, i afiled appeared on my desktop and it can't be deleted or opened. It's not a file that i've created and it doesn't shown an icon. It's called ''data application_x-zip-compressed;base64" and then it has some numbers and letters. I am afraid that it might be some kind...
  6. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  7. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  8. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

9. Random icon appeared on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random icon appeared on desktop: While downloading files that might have contained malware, I noticed a screencast o' matic logo popping up on my desktop. It disappeared after a few seconds. Is it possible that someone hacked into my computer? How can I delete the program? submitted by /u/t_wolff [link]...
  10. Two random folders appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two random folders appeared on my desktop: The folders are named views and options I dont think its a virus or anything but if anyone knows what it is and why it randomly appeared on my desktop please tell me submitted by /u/Atomiks24 [link] [comments]...