Windows 10: Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?

Discus and support Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Considering the amount of issues people have seems to be malware MS is shipping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BookishFlunky90, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?

Considering the amount of issues people have seems to be malware MS is shipping

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/28/windows-10-version-2004-is-here-and-it-has-lots-of-issues/?unapproved=4465941&moderation-hash=728b68d5e9c84849f9f327fadc13fe4f#comment-4465941

This for people running Korg hardware suddenly having issues updating to 2004

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=789644#789644

What is this - ever changing a system to go from working to fail?

The delays you can do on at least major updates like Creators Updates, as I understand each spring, are not enough.

I stayed away now for 4 years getting a new PC, and will stay on my Windows 7 and software on it until it dies on me.

Go back to style Windows 7, Windows 8 and such - now Windows 11, Windows 12 etc - so we don't get ever changing environment for software+hardware we run. Had zero issues with updates on Windows 7 - but what I read about Windows 10 scares me off.

Get users back in control, or we will just use something else than PC...MS lost the race on phones and pads to Apple iOS and Google Android and seem to do their best to loose PC users as well.....thanks to Phil Spender at least taking back control on Xbox, so hire guys like that to strategic moves for Windows as well. We won't stand this.....

:)

BookishFlunky90, Jun 20, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or? pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jun 20, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Erik Win User

Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?

Is it possible to prevent Windows to reset many system settings to default after a major update (Fall Creators Update)?

I recently installed the Windows 10 Creators Update on many of my PCs, and as with previous "major" update releases, I noticed that many of the system settings, including things like:

• Energy options in device manager ("allow device to wake the computer from sleep"
      re-enabled for mice and keyboards which is annoying because I
      intentionally turned these off)
    • basic mode of displaying the taskmanager and many more get reset to
      their defaults.

Since major updates are coming approximately twice a year, I was wondering: why does Windows do that, and is there a way to turn this behavior off? It is especially annoying if you install a computer for a novice user, and after an update you have to redo all these customization steps again.

On the other hand, many things like explorer settings stay the same, for example things like "show hidden files" or "show file extensions".

So the main questions are:

• which settings are reset after an update, and what's the criteria behind that selection, where others aren't?
    • is there a list of the things that are reset during a
      major update for reference?

Thema:

Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?

1. Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or? - Similar Threads - Update 2004 call

2. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  3. Major problem with Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem with Windows 10 2004 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MGSSC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hehbwi/major_problem_with_windows_10_2004_update/
  4. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  5. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  6. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  8. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  9. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update called "Autumn Creators Update" in UK

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update called "Autumn Creators Update" in UK: Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that the next update for Windows 10 would be dubbed the "Fall Creators Update," carrying on the theme of creators that was first introduced with the "Creators Update." Microsoft's naming scheme for Windows 10's next update is especially...