Windows 10: Update 20h2 clean restart

Discus and support Update 20h2 clean restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my computer from Windows 10 version SDK 2004 to 20h2 and, to my surprise, I saw that all of my app info and storage--for the most part--was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WazeenHoq, Feb 14, 2021.

1. WazeenHoq Win User

Update 20h2 clean restart

I updated my computer from Windows 10 version SDK 2004 to 20h2 and, to my surprise, I saw that all of my app info and storage--for the most part--was gone. I immediately downgraded to the version I had before and now everything is back to normal. Does the update require the computer to go through a clean restart? If so, is there a way I can change that?

:)

WazeenHoq, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 14, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update 20h2 clean restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Update 20h2 clean restart

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Update 20h2 clean restart

1. Update 20h2 clean restart - Similar Threads - Update 20h2 clean

2. Random restarts on release 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Random restarts on release 20H2: I recently installed 20H2 over win7 on my Dell e5440. After a shutdown, windows randomly restarts. Doesn't happen every time and never (so far) more than once in a row. Not a huge problem but mildly annoying - something I would fix if it's not too involved or I could just...
  3. clean install 2004 iso and update 20h2 current

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install 2004 iso and update 20h2 current: I have 2004 iso. I want to clean install it and update it to 20H2 current edition. As I am in metered connection, I would like to know what will be the size of download for installation and update. 174037
  4. Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update: Forgot to flair last post so it got deleted by mods After installing an ssd in my PC and reinstalling windows onto to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple...
  5. PC stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update.

PC stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update.: After installing an ssd and reinstalling windows to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple restarts and shutdowns. My only thought is that the update failed, or the...
  6. Windows 10 update 20h2 wants to delete everything and start clean.

Windows 10 update 20h2 wants to delete everything and start clean.: I went to update my Windows and was told my machine is ready for Windows 10 update 20h2. However once the update downloaded and went through it's steps, I was prompted to 'Choose what to keep' and the ONLY option is NOTHING: Everything will be deleted, including files, apps...
  7. 20H2 Clean installs Chipset Drivers not coming from Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20H2 Clean installs Chipset Drivers not coming from Windows Update: Greetings All, Since 20H2 was released I have noticed that Intel chipset drivers and Intel MEI / AMT are no longer installed during the initial Windows Update. I repair machines so clean installs are frequent. It's a bit of a pain. Sometimes I've had to use quite dated...
  8. Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?

Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?: Hi with Windows 1903 when an update needed a restart to apply, in the power button menu, i had only the choice "Update &restart" or "Shutdown & restart" wich was perfect because users cannot bypass the udpates installation with 20H2 now user have the option listed so the...
  9. After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.

After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xXMadSupraXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jszmw8/after_installing_20h2_clicking_update_and_restart/
  10. Clean Boot Question - Restart or Not Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Boot Question - Restart or Not Restart: Clean Boot Question After doing the steps for a Clean Boot, I have seen two answers about whether to Restart or not Restart. Which is the correct answer? 1. On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When youRESTART the computer, it's in a clean boot...