Windows 10: Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

Discus and support Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffMcGalliard, May 18, 2021.

1. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and searching for and trying solutions mentioned in the community, I have the drivers for "windows hello face software device" and "bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device" fixedhad code 19 errors. Now the search function in the toolbar does not accept input, and the windows Icon to the left will not acc

:)

JeffMcGalliard, May 18, 2021

2. Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

With the recent update to Windows 20H2 (version 19042.572), the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype,
    Windows Camera, Logitech Capture, and Logitech Camera Settings. The problem ONLY occurs with Windows Hello. It had worked fine for years prior to the 20H2 update.

Also, Windows Hello works fine with the fine with PIN and with my fingerprint scanner. Only facial recognition is now broken.

So BRIO works with apps other than Hello and Hello works fine with everything but facial recognition via the BRIO 4K, but the combination of BRIO + Windows Hello broke with the latest Windows update.

Is this working for anyone with the same configuration?

The error message Windows Hello gives is, "Sorry something went wrong. Camera is currently in use by another app. Close the app and try again." But nothing else is using the camera (proven by the fact that all the apps listed above will launch and use
    the camera just fine).

One other note, which may be helpful diagnostically: when Hello is trying to scan for my face, the red light on the BRIO does flash for several seconds as if it's working, but no picture ever comes through. There is obviously at least some successful communication
    between Hello and the BRIO.

I also tried plugging the BRIO both directly into different USB ports on the computer and into various hubs. Always got exactly the same results.

Any suggestions? Do we need to wait for a patch from MS to fix this defect in 20H2?

Thanks,
    Colin

GraniteStateColin, May 18, 2021
  3. Morku Win User
    20H2 system files corrupted on a clean Windows installation sfc /scannow

Hi,

I have noticed that sfc /scannow corrected system files. I wonder. So I tested again on a clean Windows 10 20H2 installation and run directly after sfc /scannow.

Preparation for testing:

• I used VMware Workstation 16.0.0
    • I created a new virtual machine with default Windows 10 profile
    • I disabled the Network Adapter, the OS has
      no internet the whole process
    • I used the latest official Windows 10 ISO file Win10_20H2_English_x64.iso (md5: e80f6ce987b2bba288469e7379129e12) Build 19042.508
    • Mounted the ISO in VMware

Installation:

• So I started to install Windows 10
    • Install Now, No product key, Windows 10 Home, Language en-us, install on the unformatted 60GB drive etc.
    • After reboot, I used "no internet" for local Account, name: admin, no password, disabled all the telemetry trash
    After successful start, I started directly cmd.exe with administrator privilegs and run sfc /scannow.

It will found corrupted systems files.

Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor. [​IMG]

It didn't let me post the log here, so I made a Screenshot.

What is going on here?

I repeated the steps with de_windows_10_business_editions_version_20h2_x64_dvd_ce126f3b.iso (md5: 35df62707e53c2064641ccd5b91acb8d)

Type license: Enterprise

After repeating the steps above, the result is the same.

Morku, May 18, 2021
  4. HotelHero Win User

Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

Windows 10 Update broke my computer

Can confirm 20H2 "breaks" the drive where none of the suggested recovery options work whatsoever.

Even a recovery USB and the like.

My wifes desktop (work) and my laptop (work)both died after updating with no recocery availability.

Even the download option doesnt work including every option on this list.

HotelHero, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

1. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor. - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 corrupted

2. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  3. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  4. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update to 20H2 broke WiFi hotspot speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 20H2 broke WiFi hotspot speeds: So I was running 1909 before I updated to 20H2 today, and after the update I noticed that the WiFi hotspot feature suddenly was much slower then before. The hotspot now reaches only around 180Mbps link speed instead of the almost 900Mbps I had before. I use the hotspot...
  6. Update broke system- help

Update broke system- help: So I use Linux on my main pc, but my dad's laptop decided to update and then brake the whole thing. I can send some pics of it. It just loops over and over on the update setup screen. I don't know the specs cause it isn't mine but I know that it has an i3 3110m, four gigs of...
  7. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System: I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to do another fresh reinstall of Windows and its the same thing when it updates. . Any way to fix this issue? The error code is...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 update is corrupted,Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 update is corrupted,Help!: My Windows 10 says that "Let's get Back on Track.Your Windows 10 will need to restart the device."Then after an hour,it restarts on a black screen,"Undoing Changes made to your computer."How was this possible?I did'nt press any buttons or any keyboard shortcuts.After another...
  9. Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files: Hi, I'm looking for any help possible with this. I just updated my laptop this morning and since have had many issues accessing files in my Microsoft OneDrive documents folders and am unable to open my laptops Download folder at all. The files are corrupted, which some I was...
  10. After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.: I have an 8 monitor computer running Windows 10 Pro, four monitors are on one graphics card, two monitors are on another graphics card and two monitors are on the motherboard. It's a relatively new computer, custom built for multi-monitor setup. It was working fine, then I...