Windows 10: Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help?

Discus and support Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to look on Google with some keywords, seems like i must be doing wrong. I am no programmer, could be that. Is there a way I can backup a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chjassu, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help?

I am trying to look on Google with some keywords, seems like i must be doing wrong. I am no programmer, could be that.

Is there a way I can backup a particular drives folders and files online, could be Google drive(if possible encrypted) or a github private repo(i just learnt what is it while browsing, yet to understand more)?

Thanks in advance..

submitted by /u/chjassu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chjassu, Aug 7, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Family tree Maker 2017 indicates not online

Hi Patricia,

Before I can give out any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, I'd like to clarify some information first. During the time that this software shows this behavior, are there issues with your internet connection? Please try to observe that when this
    happens, browse the internet and see if its affected to be sure that there are no issues present with your connection to the internet. I also suggest that you run the network troubleshooter to make sure that everything is in place. Here are steps on how you
    can run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help?

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help?

1. Update a network drive and upload some secure place online, any help? - Similar Threads - Update network drive

2. Network adaptor disables when i place some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptor disables when i place some games.: So far this is the case with the following games: R.U.S.E., Back 4 Blood, and Baldur's Gate 3. When i play any of these games, my network adaptor will disable and re-enable itself randomly. I have found no solution and i've gone so far as a complete wipe of the hard drive and...
  3. Network adaptor disables when i place some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptor disables when i place some games.: So far this is the case with the following games: R.U.S.E., Back 4 Blood, and Baldur's Gate 3. When i play any of these games, my network adaptor will disable and re-enable itself randomly. I have found no solution and i've gone so far as a complete wipe of the hard drive and...
  4. HELP WITH USB DRIVE UPDATE AND UPLOAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP WITH USB DRIVE UPDATE AND UPLOAD: HELP WITH A EXTERNAL USB FLASH DRIVE NOT WORKING AFTER DELETING DATA ON IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-drive-update-and-upload/153e2740-3be6-4b62-a97f-3eb122048bcb
  5. HELP WITH USB DRIVE UPDATE AND UPLOAD

HELP WITH USB DRIVE UPDATE AND UPLOAD: HELP WITH A EXTERNAL USB FLASH DRIVE NOT WORKING AFTER DELETING DATA ON IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-drive-update-and-upload/153e2740-3be6-4b62-a97f-3eb122048bcb
  6. HELP WITH USB DRIVE UPDATE AND UPLOAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Photos: "Places" not working online or in any app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos: "Places" not working online or in any app.: I noticed this morning 26th Aug 2023 that the "places" tab in Onedrive photos online website and app has stopped working.https://onedrive.live.com/?v=photos&id=placesInstead, I just get a blank page, and after about 20 seconds, the image and text below which says:"Something...
  8. Photos: "Places" not working online or in any app.

Photos: "Places" not working online or in any app.: I noticed this morning 26th Aug 2023 that the "places" tab in Onedrive photos online website and app has stopped working.https://onedrive.live.com/?v=photos&id=placesInstead, I just get a blank page, and after about 20 seconds, the image and text below which says:"Something...
  9. Help! How do I secure a network drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! How do I secure a network drive?: After trying to follow tutorials, and winging it, I have ended up here with no idea how to fix it. I have a compute with a drive made using storage spaces (2 drives in parity). The security settings are Everyone: full access and the password protection in advanced sharing...
  10. Upload windows 10 in place

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upload windows 10 in place: Hello, I was informed my windows is corrupted. I was given this page to access and save to a memory stick to do an in place upgrade: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ When I click to download it automatically downloads to my lower toolbar...