Windows 10: Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

Discus and support Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just found the original post petitioning for this, started in April of 2015. It appears to have recently been closed and locked, so I'm starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C337Skymaster, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

I've just found the original post petitioning for this, started in April of 2015. It appears to have recently been closed and locked, so I'm starting this one to keep the pressure on.

All Mechwarrior and MechCommander titles from 1992, onward, should be easily and functionally updated to work in Windows 10. Honestly, the graphics don't even have to be improved. Just as long as they're re-coded to work with modern graphics hardware and software. All of the nostalgia will be there in the old graphics, and fans of the titles will be happy to just be able to play again.

Complete overhauls of the graphics visuals to modernize the games would provide the ability to market to new generations of gamers who might just be growing up, having never had the opportunity to play these great games when they were new.

Think of it: making money all over again, just by updating the graphics on a pre-existing game, without having to develop any new storyline or gameplay. How can you resist? Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 :)

PGI is making MechWarrior 5. We'll see how that turns out... :/ So far, it sounds like a very watered-down version of the earlier titles which made the franchise so popular, and it would be very interesting to see the older titles compete on a level playing field. I strongly suspect that MW3, in particular, as well as the Mercenaries versions of MW2 and MW4, would give any new MechWarrior game a run for its money.

I thought HBS's Battletech was basically the same when compared to MechCommander. It was interesting, it's new and fun, and the turn-based mechanic was an interesting change, but MechCommander 1 and 2 are still vastly superior, and WAY more in-depth, with much more extensive storylines.

Literally the only thing holding these titles back is compatibility...

:)

C337Skymaster, Apr 15, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

MechWarrior Tactics

Isn't this more Mechcommander than Mechwarrior ?

AsRock, Apr 15, 2019
  3. How to get Mechcommander to run on Windows 10

Hi Frank,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What happens when you double click on the MechCommander game? Do you get any error message/code?
    • Is this issue specific to this particular game?
    I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the game and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game run and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Irocing Win User

Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

MechWarrior Tactics

Yes,

I got the first MechCommander as thought would be a continuation of MW,
    And pretty bad, And gave it to a little nieghbor kid for his PC.*Wink Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 ;)

Later*Smile Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 :)

Irocing, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

1. Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Update MechWarrior MechCommander

2. My windows settings is all blank except for title

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows settings is all blank except for title: Whenever I opened up the windows settings and go to every category settings all options of it are all blank, It began to happen 3 months ago, after antimalware service executable took up 80% of memory and I decided to restart my pc. I tried lots of method like restarting,...
  3. My windows settings is all blank except for title

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows settings is all blank except for title: Whenever I opened up the windows settings and go to every category settings all options of it are all blank, It began to happen 3 months ago, after antimalware service executable took up 80% of memory and I decided to restart my pc. I tried lots of method like restarting,...
  4. Windows Update not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update not working at all: [ATTACH] So as seen below, WU doesn't work at all. I discovered it yesterday and checked up today as well and it still doesn't work. I can't find any info online as well. I haven't contacted MS Support yet, but will probably do later. It just popped out of nowhere,...
  5. Mechwarrior 4 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mechwarrior 4 help: Is there any way to get Mechwarrior 4 to play, its a great mircosoft game hoping there is a fix for legacy games in the future. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mechwarrior-4-help/0a26fa4c-9416-4d01-a6a9-fedf46b2c160
  6. MechWarrior 5: Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MechWarrior 5: Resolution issues.: I'm playing mw5 on a rig with a rtx2070 and a 50" LG 4k tv. The issue im having is it will only allow me to play at 1280x700 if I want the game to fit on the screen. Nothing I have tried has worked. I've gone through Nvidia experience, Nvidia control panel, tv settings....
  7. Windows update not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update not working at all: It checks for updates, then it's stuck at 0% forever, I checked the task manager and it is not using the network, the Microsoft store is also not working and I tried every solution I could find on the internet but nothing worked I went ahead and disabled update because it...
  8. MechCommander 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MechCommander 2: Hello everyone. RetroGamer69 Here. I'm having a craving for some old school games I loved as a kid. Mainly the MechCommander 2/Wolfman RTS games. I have been trying for 4 days now to get these games to run on my Win 10 PC. I have tried VMWare, Virtual Box, and I'm...
  9. Driver titles on Windows Update are changing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Driver titles on Windows Update are changing in Windows 10: This week we'll roll out changes in HDC that modify how titles for drivers are constructed. We've received a lot of feedback from partners, and customers that the date, and timestamp traditionally included is causing some confusion. Before titles appeared as below:...
  10. Mechwarrior 5 Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mechwarrior 5 Microsoft Store: Greetings Everyone, I'm not really sure where to post this, but I was curious if the new Mechwarrior 5 games will be available for purchase upon release from the Microsoft. I ask because the video game licensing for Battletech and Mechwarrior are owned by Microsoft and...