Windows 10: Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

Discus and support Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just found the original post petitioning for this, started in April of 2015. It appears to have recently been closed and locked, so I'm starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C337Skymaster, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

I've just found the original post petitioning for this, started in April of 2015. It appears to have recently been closed and locked, so I'm starting this one to keep the pressure on.

All Mechwarrior and MechCommander titles from 1992, onward, should be easily and functionally updated to work in Windows 10. Honestly, the graphics don't even have to be improved. Just as long as they're re-coded to work with modern graphics hardware and software. All of the nostalgia will be there in the old graphics, and fans of the titles will be happy to just be able to play again.

Complete overhauls of the graphics visuals to modernize the games would provide the ability to market to new generations of gamers who might just be growing up, having never had the opportunity to play these great games when they were new.

Think of it: making money all over again, just by updating the graphics on a pre-existing game, without having to develop any new storyline or gameplay. How can you resist? Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 :)

PGI is making MechWarrior 5. We'll see how that turns out... :/ So far, it sounds like a very watered-down version of the earlier titles which made the franchise so popular, and it would be very interesting to see the older titles compete on a level playing field. I strongly suspect that MW3, in particular, as well as the Mercenaries versions of MW2 and MW4, would give any new MechWarrior game a run for its money.

I thought HBS's Battletech was basically the same when compared to MechCommander. It was interesting, it's new and fun, and the turn-based mechanic was an interesting change, but MechCommander 1 and 2 are still vastly superior, and WAY more in-depth, with much more extensive storylines.

Literally the only thing holding these titles back is compatibility...

:)

C337Skymaster, Apr 15, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

MechWarrior Tactics

Isn't this more Mechcommander than Mechwarrior ?

AsRock, Apr 15, 2019
  3. How to get Mechcommander to run on Windows 10

Hi Frank,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What happens when you double click on the MechCommander game? Do you get any error message/code?
    • Is this issue specific to this particular game?
    I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the game and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game run and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Irocing Win User

Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

MechWarrior Tactics

Yes,

I got the first MechCommander as thought would be a continuation of MW,
    And pretty bad, And gave it to a little nieghbor kid for his PC.*Wink Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 ;)

Later*Smile Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 :)

Irocing, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

1. Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Update MechWarrior MechCommander

2. Update and All Troubleshooting Does Not Work Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update and All Troubleshooting Does Not Work Windows 10: Over the last few months I have had a problem updating windows (Error code:0x80070643) and troubleshooting for practically anything (Error code:0x8007000E) with no success in finding a fix for the problem. From what I have seen I believe it may be corrupted system files but I...
  3. Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All: Basically, I have no surround sound on my PC at all. (Yes, I checked, the headset does support surround sound and it works on my phone as well.) I own a HyperX headset that can 1) plug into a USB Adapter in the front of my PC or 2) use the regular jack on the front of the...
  4. Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all: Okay, I've tried to use my XBOX One controller multiple times on Windows 10 to no avail. Same goes for my PS4 controller (using ScpToolKit Drivers). Every time I open the game controllers settings, the window just stops responding and never responds....
  5. Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are...: Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are they OK? I have never seen them before and they are now coming up under normal Windows Update automatically and keep reappearing - is this genuine or some form of virus, etc.?...
  6. Rounded Title Borders on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rounded Title Borders on Windows 10?: Hello, I've noticed that certain applications on my Windows 10 computer running in the background have a rounded border similar to Windows 7's. Recently I've installed a Video Game on my computer that has these rounded borders, yet no other applications with the exception of...
  7. BSOD while playing Mechwarrior Online

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Mechwarrior Online: Hello all i keep having BSOD while playing MWO, as per title. For those who dont know, MWO is a FPS with intensive graphic and network load. I would like to pinpoint the cause of the problem and be proactive towards the game developers and try and find as much as possible...
  8. Live weather title not working in 10130 build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live weather title not working in 10130 build: Live weather title not working in 10130 build When open up the start menu like this, it doesn't change keeps what is shown. It just keep saying weather. If you click on it, it open up the weather app it does ok. Anytime I opened the start in the past, it keep that weather...
  9. If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10: if everything running fine with my software and hardware right now with windows 8.1 i really shouldn't have any problem with windows 10 correct? I mean it tells me my computer is compatible with windows 10 when i do the program compatibility, or because of stories i hear with...
  10. All icons gone (desktop & folders) only titles remain

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons gone (desktop & folders) only titles remain: Hello, After a restart all my icons have disappeared on the Desktop and in all of my folders. The titles under the icons remain and are selectable to open programs. The taskbar is also affected with only generic icons showing for programs; the Quicklaunch bar shows...