Windows 10: Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it.

Discus and support Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Everytime windows updates, and this is often! My mapped network drive Z. Live book NAS drive is disconnected. I have to keep remapping it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelleWebb2, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it.

Hi,

Everytime windows updates, and this is often!

My mapped network drive Z. Live book NAS drive is disconnected.

I have to keep remapping it.

Also I have to keep putting in the username and password for it, which is annoying.

There is no Group Policy settings in windows 10 home.

How can I get windows 10 to remember my networked drives when it updates?

Take care

Michelle

:)

MichelleWebb2, Oct 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 and My Book Live

Hi,

Trying to use My Book Live with Windows 10 it recognizes and lets me use Public folders on my NAS drive, but won't let me use ones with UserID and Password. My windows ID is my Microsoft Account name and my NAS drive is just my first name. My Book Live
    doesn't allow spaces in the User ID so I cannot match my Microsoft Account name which is how this worked with Windows XP, however I had no trouble using this in Windows 8.1. Any tech guys in the forum or at Microsoft who use a similar setup who can help?
    One post I saw suggested writing a registry entry, but I don't want to dable in that with a new operating system. My simplest solution might be to revert to a windows logon that matchs my NAS drive login, but any suggestions are welcome.

johnzworld, Oct 7, 2020
  3. KierDMB Win User
    Fixing Missing NAS Drives After Win 10 v2004 Update

In case other people have this problem, I'm posting the solution that worked for me.

After the most recent Windows update this week, I noticed mapped drives to a Synology NAS could not be connected or remapped. Other Windows PCs in the household that had not been updated did not suffer the problem so concluded the NAS was fine.

After attempting to remap a drive I got error Error Code: 0x80070035 “The Network Path was not found”. After an hour of head scratching I found that Network Discovery was switched
    off in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings" and, furthermore, could not be switched on because returning to the setting showed it had been switched off automatically.

The rabbit hole got deeper and I discovered the reason was that the "DNS Client" service was disabled in services.msc and, furthermore, could not be enabled. The answer in my case was as follows:

• Run regedit.
    • Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dnscache
    • Locate the Start DWORD key and change its value from to 4 (Disabled) to 2 (Automatic).
    • Close everything and restart windows.

After the above steps and remapping the drives, everything was back to normal apart from my missing afternoon.

Would be interested if anyone knows if this could have occurred from anything other than a Win update. I'm keeping an open mind.

KierDMB, Oct 7, 2020
  4. NikkVS Win User

Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it.

WD My Book Live (NAS) is no longer accessible in Windows 10

I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login
    page and then the drive menu, but no files, folders, or shares. It worked as recently as April 2019. How do I fix this?

NikkVS, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it.

1. Update always loses my NAS Live book drive, I have to keep remapping it. - Similar Threads - Update always loses

2. 20H2 Update - Now NAS Drive needs remapping at every startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    20H2 Update - Now NAS Drive needs remapping at every startup: Just upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 and have a problem with a network drive. With the previous installation I always had the drives not reconnecting problem which I managed to work around using the Battlenonsense script - https://youtu.be/q8KVJdgewNk Since the update however...
  3. A while ago i remapped my keyboard i have a rk61 i remapped Apostrophe and / ive tried...

in Windows 10 Customization
    A while ago i remapped my keyboard i have a rk61 i remapped Apostrophe and / ive tried...: Read title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-while-ago-i-remapped-my-keyboard-i-have-a-rk61-i/5e94d6d2-d2df-4f32-a8c2-37095db79d39
  4. External HDD always losing drive letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD always losing drive letter: I have a Laptop Thus i cant install my HDD's anymore, and i bought an external Dock. The Dock is working fine, comes with some usb§ connections and such, all good for a while But now after a year it starts to just "forget" the letter of one of the two HDD's. In my Drive Dock...
  5. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  6. Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?

Why do I keep losing a Photo Folder which I have select to Always Keep on this Device?: Most of my photos I have saved on Flash Drives, but maybe 5 Photo Folders are still on my PC and I want to keep those particular ones there so I chose for each to "ALWAYS KEEP ON THIS DEVICE". But for some reason every time I Restart, I lose one of those Folders and have to...
  7. Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed

Keep mapped NAS drive sleeping if not accessed: Hi everyone, I have mapped my NAS drive into the Windows File Explorer. Everytime when - my PC is started or waked it up from sleep/hibernate mode, - the save dialog is opened (in the web browser to download some file for example), - and in many another cases I can hear spin...
  8. Connecting to WD My Book Live

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  9. NAS and attaching a My Book drive to a router port

NAS and attaching a My Book drive to a router port: Don't know enough yet to answer my question. NAS's are something new to me so I'm trying to get up to speed (no pun intended). As I understand it a NAS would hang off of a router port, and have its own built in IP address so it can be accessed from the net or just use it...
  10. My C Drive Keeps losing Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My C Drive Keeps losing Space: My C Drive Keeps losing Space and yesterday i had 14gb then it went to 799mb and it keeps going down every 5 mins https://gyazo.com/182ef0a5ec8d7333e470531c33c7e1e1.png after 5 mins https://gyazo.com/b05daf23a10fb45995330bc49c01a8fd.png 31443