Windows 10: Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update?

Discus and support Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] Every time I open windows update I am greeted by this. I can click check for updates and it checks, and if there are some it'll find and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lort, Mar 7, 2020.

1. lort Win User

Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update?

Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update? [​IMG]

Every time I open windows update I am greeted by this. I can click check for updates and it checks, and if there are some it'll find and install. And if there aren't it'll say last checked Today. But the moment I close the window and reopen it, it'll go back to showing what the image shows. Whats going on here?

Also, since installing fresh in December windows doesn't seem to check for updates automatically any more? I've gone through all the settings and have auto-updates enabled as best as I can tell. Is it perhaps the "active hours" and my PC being shut down when I am not using it?
    How can I tell windows its fine to download and install updates in the background like it used to, and then just finish them on shutdown/next boot?

Thanks!

OS Build 18363.657

:)

lort, Mar 7, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

Naki, Mar 7, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm just going to wait and see. Perhaps my PC (and yours) are bottom of the list for this update for some reason.

Sure manual check upgrades it but auto doesn't.

Sorry I can't suggest why...

lx07, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Update always shows "Last Checked" in 2019 and doesn't auto update? - Similar Threads - Update always shows

2. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  3. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  4. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updater always auto starting

Windows Updater always auto starting: I have recently downgraded to Windows 10 Pro 1803 from 1900+ or something. I prefer the former version for having the ability to utilize the HyperV with Remote 3d fx. I don't wanna ever upgrade to any version unless they keep this feature. I have encountered the known issues...
  6. Office 2019 - always have to update manually

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 - always have to update manually: Hi there no biggie but I never seem to get presented with Office 2019 updates --just checking and running manually isn't a big issue but should these updates be delivered via WU -- Note Office 2019 NOT Office/365 and I'm using the corporate / VL version. I think probably...
  7. Last checked in Windows update

Last checked in Windows update: Hi, Why windows update doesn't check for updates? last check for updates is two days ago. [ATTACH] My configuration is: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-checked-in-windows-update/7f18d2be-8d20-412e-950a-ee69c6786b28
  8. Win 10 last update Aug 2019

Win 10 last update Aug 2019: Hi, after the last update my device wont start anymore. Windows 10 is stucked on the login screen. I insert my pin code but instead of load the desktop the login screen appear again. Any help?...
  9. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date: When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time). For instance, I updated today at 2019-06-12 7:29 PM (my computer time and my region time which is one and the same: eastern time), but Defender...
  10. May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI: I updated to the May 2019 Update (Win 10 Home) without any issues or receiving any error message. However, when I open Settings it doesn't show the new UI that's supposed to have the user account banner at the top of the window. Instead, mine still looks like it did in the...