Windows 10: Update and incorrect password

Discus and support Update and incorrect password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by denise d, Feb 10, 2021.

1. denise d Win User

Update and incorrect password

Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried all the listed solutions but uninstalling quality update features every time is the only way to get back in. Please advise on how to stop this happening every few days

:)

denise d, Feb 10, 2021
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Feb 10, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Update and incorrect password

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Update and incorrect password

1. Update and incorrect password - Similar Threads - Update incorrect password

2. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  3. incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  4. password incorrect

password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  5. password incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  6. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  7. Password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  8. Password incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  9. Incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...
  10. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect password AFTER updating.: Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect....