Windows 10: Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

Discus and support Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by butterb1, May 19, 2021.

1. butterb1 Win User

Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut down multiple times and it does not change. What do I do?

:)

butterb1, May 19, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, May 19, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did :confused:*Mad Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 19, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did - Similar Threads - Update restart update

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  7. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  8. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways: My work laptop occasionally gets non-critical updates, where the menu offers me the opportunity to update and restart, restart, update and shut down, or shut down. However, when I choose just “update” or “restart,” ie NOT one of the “update and” options, it ignores that...
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...