Windows 10: Update and restart issues

Discus and support Update and restart issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the latest critical update foe windows 10 and my PC had to be reset to factory settings. My PC also suddenly has a critical error without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CindyGoosen, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Update and restart issues

I downloaded the latest critical update foe windows 10 and my PC had to be reset to factory settings. My PC also suddenly has a critical error without warning (blue screen with sad face with message to restart} and then collects info and it restarts. How do I solve this and prevent tis from happening?

:)

CindyGoosen, Jul 3, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 3, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update and restart issues :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Update and restart issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Update and restart issues

1. Update and restart issues - Similar Threads - Update restart issues

2. Restarting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting issue: I havent used my computer in months which means I haven’t updated it in months so I checked for updates but it wouldn’t stop it just kept checking so I restarted my computer to update and it’s been 20 minutes and it’s still on the restarting screen I’ve turned off my computer...
  3. Restarting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting issue: Hi .I don't know why my PC is like that . When I restart my PC, it deletes amount of data from drive C; and the PC slows and ain't work well. This is why I stop the windows update . When this happens , I go to recovery setting and Reset my pc. It will solve but it's boring.My...
  4. update and restart issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    update and restart issues: Hello I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix some black box issues that keeps popping up. i followed the steps and had to restart the computer to do a repair update before i ran the sfc/scannow. However the update crashed and wont update. When i try to...
  5. Update and restart issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update and restart issue.: I have recently updated Windows Defender & after that my PC is constantly saying to Update and restart. Even after doing it over and over again. I have also downloaded Windows update troubleshooter but it did not help. I am still having the issue. Please, provide a solution...
  6. Update and restart issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update and restart issue.: I recently updated Windows Defender and after that my PC is constantly telling me to Update and restart the PC. Even after doing it again & again. Please, provide a solution to this issue. I am using Windows 8.1. Waiting for your reply. Thanks!...
  7. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  8. Keyboard issues and restart issues with Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues and restart issues with Windows 10 update: To it may concern I'm having keyboard issues after the Windows 10 update and restart issues , the only keys that work is fast forward, play, rewind, mute, sleep mode, increase volume and decrease volume. However I unplugged the keyboard and tried different slots nothing...
  9. windows 10 update issues - will not restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update issues - will not restart: HI, I am updating a friends computer, and after installing the windows 10 1803 update, after the restart it comes up with a black screen and a blue rotating 'doughnut'. It does not appear to be able to respond to any keystrokes. It had been doing the restart for about 14...
  10. restart issue

in Windows 10 Support
    restart issue: looking for a way to force shutdown and restart of pc. Does anyon know how to do this for win 10? thx 38332