Windows 10: Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

Discus and support Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My work laptop occasionally gets non-critical updates, where the menu offers me the opportunity to update and restart, restart, update and shut down,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__eZg__, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

My work laptop occasionally gets non-critical updates, where the menu offers me the opportunity to update and restart, restart, update and shut down, or shut down. However, when I choose just “update” or “restart,” ie NOT one of the “update and” options, it ignores that selection and installs updates regardless before it actually restarts/shuts down. Why is it pretending to offer me the option to not update if it’s just going to update anyways? Is this a bug that can be fixed?

submitted by /u/__eZg__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__eZg__, Nov 25, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways :confused:*Mad Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Vfsuor Win User
    update and shut down OR update and restart

When some update is downloaded, after a while the "shut down" and "restart" buttons turns into "update and shut down" and "update and restart". How to "update and restart" before the buttons have changed?

Vfsuor, Nov 25, 2019
  4. prescient Win User

Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

prescient, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

1. Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways - Similar Threads - Update restart shut

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  7. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  8. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did: I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut down multiple times and it does not change. What do I do?...
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...