Windows 10: Update and Restore after HDD replacement.

Discus and support Update and Restore after HDD replacement. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just replaced my old HDD with new one(both being 1TB) and reinstalled Windows 10 using the recovery drive created from the laptop earlier. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Viren Ramchandani, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Update and Restore after HDD replacement.

I have just replaced my old HDD with new one(both being 1TB) and reinstalled Windows 10 using the recovery drive created from the laptop earlier. Now I have two queries as follows:

i.) My Windows 10 version which is reinstalled is version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) instead of latest one which is version 1809. Can I directly update to Windows 10 version 1809 using msu file? If yes, then how?

ii.) My old HDD was partitioned into 2 additional drives namely A,B with C(Windows) and D(Recovery) already there. Now since my new HDD is not yet partitioned into 2 additional drives can I still restore the backup (of all drives) taken from Old HDD? If yes, please brief me about the process.

:)

Viren Ramchandani, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 23, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Update and Restore after HDD replacement. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

Update and Restore after HDD replacement.

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Update and Restore after HDD replacement.

1. Update and Restore after HDD replacement. - Similar Threads - Update Restore HDD

2. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  3. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  4. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  6. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  7. No media present after replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No media present after replacing HDD with SSD: Hello! By default, I had 1 HDD. Then I bought a M.2 SSD and put my OS there — my laptop has a slot for inserting the M.2 SSD. So now I have C: in the SSD, and D: in the HDD.After a while, my HDD started to slow down, so I decided to buy an SSD to replace it. I removed the...
  8. laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop feels slower after hdd replacement: the ssd I was using failed and had corrupt windows files so I got a hdd and replaced it. The hdd is SATA-III 6/Gbs 500 gb any reason why it would be a little slower?...
  9. windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced: Hello The HDD in my laptop has failed and I want to replace it. How do I get my current version of Win 10 up and running on it? make a windows start up disc ? - I have taken note of my win 10 key, once a new OS is installed can I just activate it with the same key...
  10. Recovery problems after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery problems after HDD replacement.: Hello there! My PC is HP Pavilion Laptop (cc-102tx) with Windows 10 Home Edition. I had replaced my old HDD with a new one (both 1TB) as old one was having some noise issue. Before replacement I had created recovery media of my OS in a bootable pen drive. Soon, after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore replaced files