Windows 10: update and security in 'settings' not working. W10

Discus and support update and security in 'settings' not working. W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In 'Settings' the UPDATE AND SECURITY section does not work. I have looked at the methods suggested in the forum and tried the Microsoft troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeMilesXY, Apr 5, 2020.

1. update and security in 'settings' not working. W10

In 'Settings' the UPDATE AND SECURITY section does not work. I have looked at the methods suggested in the forum and tried the Microsoft troubleshooter but that fails and not then tell me what to do next. Has any one solved this problem?

Mike

:)

MikeMilesXY, Apr 5, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

update and security in 'settings' not working. W10

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

update and security in 'settings' not working. W10

1. update and security in 'settings' not working. W10 - Similar Threads - update security 'settings'

2. Windows 10 Update settings not working?? going to update and security > windows update, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update settings not working?? going to update and security > windows update, the...: Hello, I have been trying to fix my windows update settings being stuck on loading, i would do: settings > update and security > windows update...it would be stuck loading and nothing would show, but if i double click towards the top it takes me to another page which is also...
  3. Windows 10 Update settings not working?? going to update and security > windows update, the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update settings not working?? going to update and security > windows update, the...: Hello, I have been trying to fix my windows update settings being stuck on loading, i would do: settings > update and security > windows update...it would be stuck loading and nothing would show, but if i double click towards the top it takes me to another page which is also...
  4. WINDOWS UPDATE AND SECURITY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND SECURITY SETTINGS: Every time Windows does an automatic update, it changes my work computer's security settings, and then we can't connect to our server without uninstalling the Windows security update. I have turned off automatic updates, but the computers keep updating themselves. We are five...
  5. WINDOWS UPDATE AND SECURITY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND SECURITY SETTINGS: Every time Windows does an automatic update, it changes my work computer's security settings, and then we can't connect to our server without uninstalling the Windows security update. I have turned off automatic updates, but the computers keep updating themselves. We are five...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE AND SECURITY SETTINGS

7. W10 update stopped working

W10 update stopped working: As per problem prev mentioned in community , 18/1/20, answered by Gary. closed thread. The DISM commands run as administrator suggested dont appear to work. tried the have run chkdsk/f and am getting " getting windows ready" blue screen for a LONG time ! have tried cold...
  8. Update and security settings

Update and security settings: (0x80070424) I have been getting this error for a couple of months now - I have tried everything that M/soft help asked of me. I have tried everything shown on You tube (I know - desperate!). There are no files in my software distribution / download folder I have...
  9. Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade: Prior to W10 Upgrade (when I was on W7), my laptop would go 'off' - as programmed in my Settings - after X minutes' idleness (though if I caught it as it was just going off, & I tapped a key or moved the mouse, it would revert to the screen (progs, open windows etc) I'd been...
  10. Settings is not working on w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings is not working on w10: I have just update to w10 from w8 and cannot open the setting button. I can´t acces any setting even if I look with the search windows. How can I fix it? 17705