Windows 10: update and security issues

Discus and support update and security issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to scan my laptop, but nothing happens when I hit the "scan now" button. I tried with any kind of scan. I also tried the "sfc... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrei_706, Mar 8, 2020.

1. update and security issues

Hello,

I am trying to scan my laptop, but nothing happens when I hit the "scan now" button. I tried with any kind of scan. I also tried the "sfc /scannow" and this is the message I receive: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

I followed the recommended steps from this link, but it still didn't work: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I am also trying to update my Windows and there is an encountered error: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005

:)

Andrei_706, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Desboro Win User
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Jorge Win User

update and security issues

Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

So that's (4) down and 40 Billion more security updates to go before any Microsucks O/S will be even remotely secure. I'd suggest Bill get off his arse and get the first Billion security fixes out this year.

Jorge, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

update and security issues

1. update and security issues - Similar Threads - update security issues

2. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  3. Security update issue with SQL install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security update issue with SQL install issue: I have continous endless loop on my PCI have in list failed security update Security Update for SQL Server 2019 RTM GDR KB5014356 with error 0x80070643and I have broken SQL 2019 instance on my computerHow to remove broken instance safely from computer and/or how to bypass...
  4. Security update issue with SQL install issue

Security update issue with SQL install issue: I have continous endless loop on my PCI have in list failed security update Security Update for SQL Server 2019 RTM GDR KB5014356 with error 0x80070643and I have broken SQL 2019 instance on my computerHow to remove broken instance safely from computer and/or how to bypass...
  5. Security update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security update issue: After microsoft did a security update i have been locked out of my laptop and because my security details are out of date i can not reset my password can anyone help me?...
  6. Security update issue

Security update issue: After microsoft did a security update i have been locked out of my laptop and because my security details are out of date i can not reset my password can anyone help me?...
  7. Windows Update and Security issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Update and Security issue: Recently, I am facing a problem while updating my windows. And Windows security also stopped for several days. It says, "There were some problems installing updates." Error code: 0x80080005 How can I fixed the problem? Help, please. Thanks in advance....
  8. Windows update and Windows security issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Windows security issue: My windows update installation was halted during reboot after that windows update is showing error 0x80080005 and my Windows security is also blank.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Facebook Update on the Security Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Update on the Security Issue: We have been working around the clock to investigate the security issue we discovered and fixed two weeks ago so we can help people understand what information the attackers may have accessed. Today, we’re sharing details about the attack we’ve found that exploited this...
  10. Security update severe issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Security update severe issues: Hi all so I'll try and be brief as this problem is quite messy. So about a month ago Windows did one of it's usual updates which I had no say in, then the following day after it had applied the update I found myself no longer able to enter my password to log in. The...