Windows 10: Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

Discus and support Update and Shut down / Update and Restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pokeefe0001, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in case the maintenance needed a 2nd restart. In the 2 times I've paid attention, the shutdown the restart took a very long time (on the Hello screen) - much longer that usual. And the most recent tile I saw this (about 30 minutes ago) the power options still had the "Update and..." label. I have not restarted the PC a 3rd time so I don't know if startup will take a long time again. Anybody know what's going on when this happens?

:)

pokeefe0001, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Vfsuor Win User

update and shut down OR update and restart

When some update is downloaded, after a while the "shut down" and "restart" buttons turns into "update and shut down" and "update and restart". How to "update and restart" before the buttons have changed?

Vfsuor, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    update and shut down OR update and restart

Hi,

Normally, if you downloaded something on your device like: Software updates or installing updates, the system will prompt you to restart your device for the downloaded file to take effect. That's where the "update and shutdown" and "update and restart" takes
    place. Please follow these steps on how to update and restart your device in a standard way:

• Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security >
      Windows Update.
    • Click "Check for updates" to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates.
    • The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
    • Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

1. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart - Similar Threads - Update Shut down

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  6. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did: I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut down multiple times and it does not change. What do I do?...
  8. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  9. Shut down and Update

Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  10. Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and restart/shut down vs. just restart/shut down - no matter what, updates anyways: My work laptop occasionally gets non-critical updates, where the menu offers me the opportunity to update and restart, restart, update and shut down, or shut down. However, when I choose just “update” or “restart,” ie NOT one of the “update and” options, it ignores that...