Windows 10: Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed

Discus and support Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Any ideas on what seems to be the problem? I tried windows update 2004 for the 3rd time already and I can still see the update and sbutdown or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GJG10, Aug 19, 2020.

1. GJG10 Win User

Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed

Hello

Any ideas on what seems to be the problem? I tried windows update 2004 for the 3rd time already and I can still see the update and sbutdown or restart. It is supposed to be shutdown and restart already because the windows update is done. I also tried disabling windows update on services.msc but still no luck. Pls. Help thank you in advance for the answers

:)

GJG10, Aug 19, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed

little cat, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed

1. Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed - Similar Threads - Update shutdown restart

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarting but showing as update and shutdown: Hello, everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?...
  6. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  7. Can't shutdown PC; can't restart explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't shutdown PC; can't restart explorer.exe: windows 10 pro version 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-shutdown-pc-cant-restart-explorerexe/4fe3cd59-799f-4848-999a-f3ba45f95a30
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  10. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...