Windows 10: Update and Shutdown problem

Discus and support Update and Shutdown problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Will Russell1, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Update and Shutdown problem

So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then went to bed. The next night turned on computer back on and this screen screen comes up. I have followed the screens trying to fix my pc, I’ve even tried what this says to fix the problem but can’t fix it https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/fix-windows-10-update-when-it-freezes-or-crashes.htmlCan someone please help. I don’t wanna uninstall everything

:)

Will Russell1, Jan 3, 2023

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 3, 2023
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    PROBLEM WITH W10 SHUTDOWN AFTERR INSTALLING UPDATE

Hi John,

I understand you are having issues shutting down your pc.

We would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this solves the problem:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown

• Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 3, 2023
  4. Update and Shutdown problem

PROBLEM WITH W10 SHUTDOWN AFTERR INSTALLING UPDATE

Mr. Vinod, I finally found the courage to open the registry. Here is the problem: under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

I could not find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks.

I found

ActiveWndTrackTimeout

AciveWndTrkTimout

AutoColorization

BlockSendInputReset

Can you help me please. Thank you.

John Smith II, Jan 3, 2023
Thema:

Update and Shutdown problem

1. Update and Shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Update Shutdown problem

2. Update and Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and Shutdown problem: So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then went to bed. The next night turned on computer back on and this screen screen comes up. I have followed the screens trying to...
  3. Update and Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update and Shutdown problem: So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then went to bed. The next night turned on computer back on and this screen screen comes up. I have followed the screens trying to...
  4. Update and shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and shutdown problem: Hello sir, I used Dell L502x laptop I put it on update and shutdown after that it doesn't get start by any possible thing.I have done couple of thing to start it but nither found any success.Can you please help me?...Dell L502x 6 gb Ram 500 gb internal...
  5. Update and shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shutdown problem: Hello sir, I used Dell L502x laptop I put it on update and shutdown after that it doesn't get start by any possible thing.I have done couple of thing to start it but nither found any success.Can you please help me?...Dell L502x 6 gb Ram 500 gb internal...
  6. Shutdown problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problems: Hi, I am having this wierd issue that when I click shutdown button the shutdown prompt will not show up. However, upon waiting for a while it will shut down showing the shutdown window. This happens frequently and can't find solution why it do so....
  7. Shutdown Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown Problem: Okay, I've been experiencing all kinds of problems recently. Driver problems, CPU temp problems. Anyways, hello everyone. I've been experiencing a problem with my shutdown recently. Usually, an "indicator" that the shutdown is complete is when the keyboard lights (RGB...
  8. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown problem: Whenever i try to scan my laptop and installing game , my laptop restart showing blue screen. showing message "your pc ran into a problem and ned to restart, we are collecting some info" Did anybody know the solution??...
  9. Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem: I updated to 1903, but have had to revert back to 1809 due to a shutdown issue. With 1903 installed, my desktop will not shut down, after selecting shutdown from the menu, my screen goes off but my PC remains on and I am forced to hold down the power button to get it to...
  10. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown problem: Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried...