Windows 10: Update and windows defender security blocked

Discus and support Update and windows defender security blocked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning I can not unlock the windows update, and consequently also the windows defender security block.The last update is 03/02/2019 from there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FabrizioLeoncini, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Update and windows defender security blocked

Good morning

I can not unlock the windows update, and consequently also the windows defender security block.The last update is 03/02/2019 from there it is blocked everything.I also tried to follow the guides but do not unlock nothing, and it's the second time that happens to me. My notebook is an MSI with 16 GB of RAM, and I really do not understand why this problem happens and how to remedy it. As I understand it does not even know the developers microsoft, but one thing I know and is that this window 10 is really the worst operating system I've had.

The update error message is this:

"There were some problems installing updates, but a further attempt will be made later. If the message appears again and you want to search for more information on the Web or contact technical support, this can be useful: (0x80070424)"

Thanks a lot

Fabrizio

:)

FabrizioLeoncini, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking

Hi Aeolus0,

You can add allowed folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access, as it basically blocks almost every changes when it is turn on. You may try to follow these steps to add allowed apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

On the other hand, if you want to allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center, you may check this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Update and windows defender security blocked

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Update and windows defender security blocked

1. Update and windows defender security blocked - Similar Threads - Update defender security

2. Windows Security Update & Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Update & Windows Defender: Hi! I have a problem with Windows Update. I have this error code 0x80070643 and it says there are some problems installing the updates related to Windows Security. Here are the screenshots of the events before the error occurred.Because of this, my PC is not up-to-date with...
  3. Windows Security Update & Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Update & Windows Defender: Hi! I have a problem with Windows Update. I have this error code 0x80070643 and it says there are some problems installing the updates related to Windows Security. Here are the screenshots of the events before the error occurred.Because of this, my PC is not up-to-date with...
  4. Windows Security Update & Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security Defender blocked IVACY VPN

Windows Security Defender blocked IVACY VPN: Hi,Windows blocked my IVACY VPN application indicating the existence of two threats. Detected: Misleading:Win32/Lodi Detected: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.ABefore purchasing the license for IVACY, I read several reviews on different websites, and all of them indicated IVACY as one of...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC: Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC and says that there was an attempt using my IP to access websites for identity theft, and to contact Microsoft support. I can't find any support number to call. What should I do?...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC: Windows Defender Security Center blocked PC and says that there was an attempt using my IP to access websites for identity theft, and to contact Microsoft support. I can't find any support number to call. What should I do?...
  8. Window defender security is Blocking shared Folder

Window defender security is Blocking shared Folder: Window defender security is blocking shared Folder.When I try to configure Scan to N/W folder in one of the HP Plotter, Window defender security is blocking Sharedfolder. When I turn OFF Window defender security Shared folder can be access and i am able to do scanning on the...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...
  10. Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10

Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10: Everytime an update comes up it is blocked, now I cannot use these programs which is very frustrating as I need them for school and work. Does anyone know an easy way to fix this problem. I have called the support line for technical help, but keep getting hung up on. A...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update & security windows defender

2. defender updates blocked

3. update and security windows defender

4. windows defender blocking windows update,
  5. windows update hung on windows defender update,
  6. windows defender blocking windows updates