Windows 10: “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

Discus and support “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am the only account, and therefore administrator, of this machine. I've managed to enable this feature using a registry tweak, but I don't think it's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sgt_Skinner, Jan 7, 2021.

1. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

I am the only account, and therefore administrator, of this machine. I've managed to enable this feature using a registry tweak, but I don't think it's working since I just had to update Windows Camera manually.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎22/‎2020
    OS build 19042.685
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.1070.0

“Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out c74c7493-ded4-4890-8b98-039094f437d1?upload=true.png

:)

Sgt_Skinner, Jan 7, 2021
  2. tony359 Win User

Store apps not updating automatically

Hi thanks for your reply

Yes, the "update apps automatically" is set to ON. The other day I tried toggling it OFF and ON again to see if that makes a difference.

I followed a few guides. I think this one was one of them. Microsoft Store apps not updating automatically in Windows 10

tony359, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 7, 2021
  4. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

“Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

1. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out - Similar Threads - “Update apps automatically”

2. Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .: Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out when turned off then on while the Bluetooth headset is always on and shows being connected but no audio output.I've already tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the driver , updating everything, reinstalling the software and running DISM...
  3. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  4. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  5. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help: [ATTACH] Does anybody know why this is? I am logged in as a administrator https://preview.redd.it/cjyn299p8du81.jpg?width=953&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bce80e526efa83d4b5c61faae454fb8763abe2fa submitted by /u/mymanbossman69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out: I have been trying to delete this app from Microsoft store. The app and feature wouldn't allow me to delete it. I tried deleting it in powershell, but I couldn't find it with this command Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName. The app isn't display there....
  8. Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark

Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark: I tried so many diffrent troubleshooting methods, yet none worked, there was this other post over here in this community, where someone had the same problem, thier thread is now locked, So first of all, resetting the app does nothing, Trouble shooter says i need to login with...
  9. Microsoft Store Greyed out

Microsoft Store Greyed out: [ATTACH] Windows version: [ATTACH] Yes. I have looked at every way to 'fix' this issue. The discussion is either 4-5 years old, or all of the solutions aren't working. Run CMD, fix the registry; restart the computer; add another user which is just the dumbest thing I've...
  10. Microsoft store Greyed out with !

Microsoft store Greyed out with !: I'm not sure what happened I was using my computer normally I noticed some of the games I was playing were lagging so I reset my computer hoping that would fix the problem. It did not, in fact, it made it much worse now the Microsoft store is greyed out with a !. I have tried...