Windows 10: Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work...

Discus and support Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've ran the Windows 10 Update Assistant at least three (3) separate times now, once before 20H2 was a thing and now twice more recently and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dragennd1, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work...

I've ran the Windows 10 Update Assistant at least three (3) separate times now, once before 20H2 was a thing and now twice more recently and it still refuses to install the updates, even though it runs through from start to finish with no visible errors. So there's that.

I also have an issue with how it installs itself. I have three (3) drives total: a m.2 SSD which stores Windows and some small software, a 500GB SSD which stores my games and a 2TB HDD which stores downloaded movies and music. Whenever I install the update assistant it puts a folder (with the annoying permissions similar to the Windows Store, which doesn't allow for anyone to get into it) on all three drives, even though Windows is only installed on one of them. I proceed to remove the unnecessary folders, that should have never been put on those drives in the first place, and it breaks the assistant (most likely cause I have to overhaul their permissions that they shouldn't be setting up on my computer in the first place to do so).

Long story short everything about the Windows 10 Update Assistant is ridiculous and I'd like to know of a different way to get my computer to update to 20H2 since it doesn't seem to work via either of the other two (2) normal methods. I'd also like to know why Microsoft seems to think its ok to install a whole bunch of stuff they don't want anyone else to mess with on drives they don't need for their purposes, cause if I find a random folder that doesn't belong I'm going to remove it and if it has permissions setup to keep me out I WILL remove it. I don't play games with random folders that show up out of nowhere.

submitted by /u/Dragennd1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dragennd1, Mar 24, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 24, 2021
  3. bruce1943 Win User
    Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work... :)

bruce1943, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work...

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work...

1. Update Assistant is very intrusive and still can't manage to work... - Similar Threads - Update Assistant very

2. win11 assistant manager not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 assistant manager not working: i downloaded the win11 assistant installer to try to upgrade, however, it keeps crashing at 95%, it doesnt finish the upgrade and no matter how many times i reset my pc or look for a solution it doesnt work. please help me....
  3. win11 assistant manager not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win11 assistant manager not working: i downloaded the win11 assistant installer to try to upgrade, however, it keeps crashing at 95%, it doesnt finish the upgrade and no matter how many times i reset my pc or look for a solution it doesnt work. please help me....
  4. win11 assistant manager not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  6. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  7. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Intrusive desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Intrusive desktops: Every so often, my PC stops what its doing and shows me large thumbnails of my active windows, plus "Desktop 1" and two empty "desktops." I think this started happening when I updated to Versioon 2004. How do I stop this nuisance? Running Ver 2004 Build 19041.508 166076
  9. Update assistant won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update assistant won't work: I keep getting a popup which says Windows 10 update assistant doesn't work on this version of windows and I can't find where it is coming from and how to stop it. I run Win10 version 2004, build 19037.1 What do I do st correct this. The windows help pages I've checked are...
  10. Still Need assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still Need assistance: Had another thread started and now nobody is replying back on it so Im hoping to get some answers on my Issue by starting another one. The following is copied and pasted from the original post: I have a custom built PC and since Day 1 I have had issues with BSOD's....