Windows 10: Update August 18 - 19

Discus and support Update August 18 - 19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the download finished August 19 for Windows 10 has completed and now all my apps are non functional - Mail, Notepadx, Calendar, Todo and Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SusanBrennan84, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Update August 18 - 19

the download finished August 19 for Windows 10 has completed and now all my apps are non functional - Mail, Notepadx, Calendar, Todo and Microsoft News. I am being advised that I need to download a new app to refresh/update the existing and the microsoft store is also an app that is nonfunctioning. Is there a problem with the update? Also, all my files are now in the recycle bin? Pictures/documents etc. What has the new update improved?

:)

SusanBrennan84, Aug 19, 2019

2. New W10 updates (August 18, 2015)

Only one of them has patch notes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081444

Update August 18 - 19 313lu6x.jpg

BrownianMotion, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 19, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Update August 18 - 19

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Update August 18 - 19

1. Update August 18 - 19 - Similar Threads - Update August

2. I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august: I don't know the exact details but i had an update installed around juli/august. This gave me nonstop BSOD'S, so i did a system restore which helped and i delayed the update for a while, but I've come to a point where windows won't let me delay it anymore. As soon as i update...
  3. I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august: I don't know the exact details but i had an update installed around juli/august. This gave me nonstop BSOD'S, so i did a system restore which helped and i delayed the update for a while, but I've come to a point where windows won't let me delay it anymore. As soon as i update...
  4. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...: When i do click the advanced options and choose the system restore it says it's unable to repair my device and takes me back to the advanced options page or offers to shut down. Also, I tried uninstalling the previous update one of the other options and it's also unable to do...
  5. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...: When i do click the advanced options and choose the system restore it says it's unable to repair my device and takes me back to the advanced options page or offers to shut down. Also, I tried uninstalling the previous update one of the other options and it's also unable to do...
  6. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

7. August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...

August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...: The title summarizes one of the problems with after multiple attempts of installing and trouble shooting over weeks I have had no success in fixing my issues. But this is only one problem as a second update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  8. August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...: The title summarizes one of the problems with after multiple attempts of installing and trouble shooting over weeks I have had no success in fixing my issues. But this is only one problem as a second update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  9. How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?: I have an older Dell desktop with IntelR CoreTM i7-3770, 64-bit with Windows 10 Pro. It has been a good machine for my needs. Since the last Windows 10 update, the Chrome browser hasn't behaved properly. Paramount Plus also hasn't been the same since the update, I'm not in a...
  10. How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?: I have an older Dell desktop with IntelR CoreTM i7-3770, 64-bit with Windows 10 Pro. It has been a good machine for my needs. Since the last Windows 10 update, the Chrome browser hasn't behaved properly. Paramount Plus also hasn't been the same since the update, I'm not in a...