Windows 10: Update breaks audio.

Discus and support Update breaks audio. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated today since my version was nearing end of service and when it was done, my audio wouldnt work at all. it said no output or input device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gavinredsolocup, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Update breaks audio.

I updated today since my version was nearing end of service and when it was done, my audio wouldnt work at all. it said no output or input device installed even though i have headphones. I troubleshooted it and it said i needed to do an update to update drivers, i did that, but it still was broken and wouldn't play audio. I troubleshooted it again and it couldnt find anything. Any way to fix this would be helpful, Thanks

:)

gavinredsolocup, Jul 2, 2020

2. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2020
  3. After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Update breaks audio.

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Update breaks audio.

1. Update breaks audio. - Similar Threads - Update breaks audio

2. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  3. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  4. Audio Breaking with enhancements On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Breaking with enhancements On: Hello guys, i found a topic with this problema that is exactly what happened to mine, but there was no answer and it was closed, have anyone found a solution for it? it's driving me crazy, i managed to make it work but now i can't restart my machine or it blows again, i can...
  5. Audio Breaking with enhancements On

Audio Breaking with enhancements On: Hello guys, i found a topic with this problema that is exactly what happened to mine, but there was no answer and it was closed, have anyone found a solution for it? it's driving me crazy, i managed to make it work but now i can't restart my machine or it blows again, i can...
  6. Windows Update breaks audio for specific applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update breaks audio for specific applications.: After update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/5013887 and https://support.microsoft.com/help/5014699 : Some game's audio has been completely removed, with no way to get it back.In game audio sliders would be up at maximum, I'd try different audio configurations, with zero...
  7. Windows Update breaks audio for specific applications.

Windows Update breaks audio for specific applications.: After update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/5013887 and https://support.microsoft.com/help/5014699 : Some game's audio has been completely removed, with no way to get it back.In game audio sliders would be up at maximum, I'd try different audio configurations, with zero...
  8. Windows "Updates" breaks my audio config

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows "Updates" breaks my audio config: why must i continue to reconfigure my audio setup each time i let Microsoft have its way with my working system via updates?I have a very intricate audio setup for streaming and local recording that involves virtual audio cables and makes use of windows listen on deviceI do...
  9. Audio constantly breaking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio constantly breaking: Hey, I was wondering if there is any way to fix the issue I'm constantly facing. Recently out of nowhere when I'm using my desktop when I launch an application such as a game my audio would just stop working and the only way I can get it to fix for a small amount of time is...
  10. Windows 10 update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update breaks audio: This has been a problems for years now. I have scoured the internet for a solution and no one seems to have the answer. Windows forces my computer to update breaking the audio jack, I revert back to a previous version of windows, and the cycle continues. I have tried...