Windows 10: Update breaks Bluetooth.

Discus and support Update breaks Bluetooth. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Don't know if anyone else has suffered this problem, but an update earlier today (Toshiba RFBUS) has broken Bluetooth on my PC. Bluetooth is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by apex2000, Jan 29, 2015.

1. apex2000 Win User

Update breaks Bluetooth.

Don't know if anyone else has suffered this problem, but an update earlier today (Toshiba RFBUS) has broken Bluetooth on my PC.

Bluetooth is showing (without errors) in Device Manager but it does not work. A search for 'bluetooth settings' in Win 10 gives a result, but the settings dialogue will not open after clicking on the result.

Before the update, Bluetooth was working perfectly. There are several reports of this on the feedback app.

:)

apex2000, Jan 29, 2015

2. Windows Updates breaks bluetooth

Hi C. Moya,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Uninstall the driver through Device Manager and let system install the compatible driver.

• Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit
      Enter.

• Spot and expand the “Bluetooth”.

• Right click on the driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start.
    Hope this helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 29, 2015
  3. CMOYA Win User
    Windows Updates breaks bluetooth

So Bluetooth stopped working (mouse etc) today.

- Event Log says "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded."

-Device Manager lists Intel Wireless Bluetooth Device Status as "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded."

On a whim I checked the version number compared to what I had originally installed and sure enough the version is much more recent.... meaning one of the cumulative Windows Updates installed a newer... and broken!.... version.

GOD, I CANNOT STAND WINDOWS 10.

CMOYA, Jan 29, 2015
  4. Update breaks Bluetooth.

Same problem, Lenovo W540

dgennetten, Feb 3, 2015
  5. werty Win User
    Hi, follow Brink`s tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html and then set Windows Update to Check for updates but not to download and install them automatically. After that find the Bluetooth update and uninstall it and restart PC. After the restart hide the Bluetooth update in Control panel/ Windows Update.

Good luck,

werty, Feb 3, 2015
  6. Did you try deleting Bluetooth in the device manager. After that you should get a message installing new hardware and it will look for drivers.

orlbuckeye, Feb 11, 2015
  7. HeikoG Win User
    same issue with an ACER Aspire V Nitro...
    I deleted the bluetooth drivers, after restarting the laptop all devices were installed again but no success :-(

did anyone try the Brink's tutorial?

BR
    Heiko

EDIT: I finally found drivers on the homepage @asus, installed ALL offered drivers and it works finally *Cool

HeikoG, Aug 8, 2015
  8. samarang Win User

Update breaks Bluetooth.

I have the same problem. Also with Acer V Nitro. Have updated Blurtooth drivers, but that doesn't fix the issue. Using system restore to go back to before most recent up date does fix the issue. So it is something in the update. If I try to read Bink's tutorial I'm told I don't have sufficient privileges - WTF? But I'm guessing it just tells me how to change update method and that's not really the right answer is it?

samarang, Aug 8, 2015
  9. HeikoG Win User
    @samarang: for my NITRO there are three bluetooth drivers available on the ACER homepage, but in addition I also updated the three WLAN drivers as there were some minor interruptions with wlan as well,
    after updating all 6 drivers in total I could set up my bluetooth connections properly.

HeikoG, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Similar problem with Toshiba X500-10T.

Have installed driver and cannot negotiate with bluetooth printer pin / passkey key.

All help appreciated.

jaburmester, Aug 31, 2015
  11. Had similar problem with Toshiba X500-10T.

Have installed WIDCOMM Bluetooth Windows Software found on BROADCOM web site (Bluetooth | Broadcom) instead of Toshiba drivers and all is now OK.

Hope this helps.

jaburmester, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update breaks Bluetooth.

1. Update breaks Bluetooth. - Similar Threads - Update breaks Bluetooth

2. Controller breaks bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller breaks bluetooth audio: Hi there!I got a new headset JBL Tour One M2 this year and want to use the device on my Win11 pc over Bluetooth. That part worked just fine, and after some minor issues in the beginning, everything with it worked fine.I own an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller too, which I'm...
  3. KB5022497 and kb5022845 breaking Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022497 and kb5022845 breaking Bluetooth: Took two updates on February 14th that broke my Bluetooth support. I have the following planform and hardware. If I uninstall these two patches I'm good all day long! Symptom is after boot Bluetooth works until first monitor/laptop sleep session and never works until reboot....
  4. KB5022497 and kb5022845 breaking Bluetooth

KB5022497 and kb5022845 breaking Bluetooth: Took two updates on February 14th that broke my Bluetooth support. I have the following planform and hardware. If I uninstall these two patches I'm good all day long! Symptom is after boot Bluetooth works until first monitor/laptop sleep session and never works until reboot....
  5. Airpods breaking bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods breaking bluetooth: Hi guys we have had two instances where users have connected Airpods to their computers via Bluetooth and it has completely broken their Blutooth connections. We haven't really been able to find a fix for this except to reimage the machine. And let the user know not to...
  6. Airpods breaking bluetooth

Airpods breaking bluetooth: Hi guys we have had two instances where users have connected Airpods to their computers via Bluetooth and it has completely broken their Blutooth connections. We haven't really been able to find a fix for this except to reimage the machine. And let the user know not to...
  7. Windows update adds "Bluetooth USB", breaks functionality.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update adds "Bluetooth USB", breaks functionality.: Hello all,My PC recentlyish updated and since my USB Bluetooth dongle has stopped working. Diving into Device Manger I noticed a new "Bluetooth USB" section for my BlueSoleil Bluetooth Driver beneath the familiar "Bluetooth" section where my dongle used to live along with the...
  8. Bluetooth feature is breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth feature is breaking: Recently i updated the windows 10 to latest version 2004 now Bluetooth is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-feature-is-breaking/1505f4ee-a6c1-42e8-9fa2-5e43f21d5fc0
  9. Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth: Dear Microsoft posters, I use noise cancelling headphones for my hyperacusis, I cannot live without them since I got it, the slightest noises give me ear jaw and neck cramps and can make my tinnitus worse. So, after spending a lot of troubleshooting, I got bluetooth on my...
  10. Bluetooth breaking (disappeared tile) after EVERY update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth breaking (disappeared tile) after EVERY update?: My bluetooth tile on the lower-right corner (notification center I think?) always goes missing after a Windows update. Always. Just like today: last night I had my bluetooth service working, and now it's completely disappeared. Again. I'm tired of troubleshooting this every...