Windows 10: Update breaks search

Discus and support Update breaks search in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There are a series of updates that breaks the windows search on my PC. The one that I see that keeps causing the search to crash is KB5003637. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Faber, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Update breaks search

There are a series of updates that breaks the windows search on my PC. The one that I see that keeps causing the search to crash is KB5003637. I have tried a variety of methods to get it back working after it installs, but the only thing that has been working is removing the update, then disabling updates for 7 days. None of the later updates corrected the issue either.Any ideas on it?

:)

David Faber, Aug 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 9, 2021
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Update breaks search

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Update breaks search

1. Update breaks search - Similar Threads - Update breaks search

2. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  3. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  4. Windows Updates keep breaking search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates keep breaking search bar: I am getting really frustrated with the most recent updates. They keep breaking my search bar to where they do not allow me to type and just shut down in both the windows search and windows explorer search. It has been happening since the June updates. The only thing that...
  5. KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: EDIT: I have narrowed it down to KB5003637 specifically, which came along with 21H1.This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the KB5003637 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality...
  6. 21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the 21H1 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality accross the whole OS is broken. cannot search for files and folders anywhere, from the...
  7. Saving Search Breaks Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Search Breaks Search: This is Win 10 question. Just recently saved searches on explorer for pdf filed result in an invalid directory error. Word files work OK. If I do a search from explorer for pdf it works. If I save and run again I get the error. I have tried saving it in different...
  8. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  9. KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search

in Cortana
    KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search: After installing this update Windows search is not working - can't even type anything into the search box. After uninstalling the update Search returns to normal operation. I did not experience any Start menu problems, just with Windows search. So apparently we still have...
  10. Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation: On September 26, Microsoft shipped KB4517211, an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 with a fix for audio issues and other problems, but it looks like the software update is hardly the smooth experience users had hoped for. Earlier this week we learned that several...