Windows 10: Update bricked my computer!!!!

Discus and support Update bricked my computer!!!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 update literally bricked my computer. Tried to uninstall updates and do factory reset and it won’t even let me. Nothing like making a 5k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eric Bardekoff, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Update bricked my computer!!!!

Windows 11 update literally bricked my computer. Tried to uninstall updates and do factory reset and it won’t even let me. Nothing like making a 5k work laptop junk over another useless windows update. When I go to sign in it has 0xd0000225 error code, and can’t do anything about it. Lenovo is useless and so is Microsoft tech support, all I can get is a robot caller. How about you put real people to help out. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!

:)

Eric Bardekoff, Jun 12, 2024

2. gpu bios update failed, gpu bricked

I would suggest a cheap pci card and ensure you use the correct path where the bricked card is so you dont accidentally flash the pci card

eidairaman1, Jun 12, 2024
  3. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Jun 12, 2024
  4. caffeine Win User

Update bricked my computer!!!!

battery/brick troubleshooting

System Manufacturer/Model Number:dell inspiron 17 5770
    OS:windows 10 pro x64 2004 version 10.0.19041 build 19041

Before going into the details, please note:
    I cannot perform all the troubleshooting because of some physical limitations. I am color blind and cannot determine LED colors. An injury has left me virtually one handed and unable to perform remove/replace battery functions.

the problem:
    The computer will no longer charge properly. I cannot boot or use the computer without the brick plugged in. Hovering over the battery icon (on the task tray) indicates battery 98% charged. However, unplugging the brick generates a low battery warning and subsequent shut down in less than one minute.

what I have done:
    • I have unplugged/plugged in all the brick connections.
    • I have calibrated the battery using the drain and recharge process.
    • Dell's EPSA Preboot System Assessment yields error# 93734 (battery problem)
    • I have changed power plans.
    • I have uninstalled/reboot both battery drivers shown in Device Manager.

The next step appears to be to remove/install the existing battery. Then let the success/failure dictate replacement decisions regarding the battery and/or brick.

I have no desire to throw parts at the computer in attempt to solve the problem. That is not a wise solution. I have a (non-techie) friend whom I can guide through a mechanical repair if necessary. That is better than paying a shop to do what I know how to do, but am physically unable to perform.

...SO... My question is: Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I can employ before proceeding?

Thanks in advance for you replies.

regards,

caffeine, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Update bricked my computer!!!!

1. Update bricked my computer!!!! - Similar Threads - Update bricked computer

2. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my computer: I just gor forced to update to the recent windows 11 update last night. I have had many issues since, I randomly bluescreened once and then lost all audio. I spent an hour trying to fix that but kept hitting dead ends with it constatntly telling me access denied. I then...
  3. Update bricked my computer!!!!

Update bricked my computer!!!!: Windows 11 update literally bricked my computer. Tried to uninstall updates and do factory reset and it won’t even let me. Nothing like making a 5k work laptop junk over another useless windows update. When I go to sign in it has 0xd0000225 error code, and can’t do anything...
  4. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  5. Updates Bricks Computers

Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  6. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricked my computer: After updating my windows last night i went to bed only to wake up and none of my usb ports receive power anymore. Please can someone help with i would not like to format my hard drives....
  8. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  9. Windows update bricked my computer

Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...
  10. New update bricked my computer

New update bricked my computer: This morning my computer worked perfectly fine. Then i installed an update and now my computer doesn’t work anymore. I believe it corrupted my start up files. Tried to restart from backup and it doesn’t work ether. Now it turns on and i enter the administrative password and...