Windows 10: Update broke laptop again

Discus and support Update broke laptop again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so this is the third time microsoft has ran updates and broke my laptop. Its a lenovo yoga, 2 years old. Last time it made my fan run incredibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AuliPorteous, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Update broke laptop again

so this is the third time microsoft has ran updates and broke my laptop. Its a lenovo yoga, 2 years old.

Last time it made my fan run incredibly fast and wouldnt start up windows at all. This time i lost trackpad usage, then the next update wipes out my entire keyboard usage and all wifi. Now it wont start up, gives me the option to “repair the system” but every single option it offers fails.

Last time it broke this bad I bought a new fan, wipd and reinstalled the system. Do I really have to wpiw ans entirely reinstall the whole system every time microsoft does an update? I had automatic updates turned off as well!

It is unbelieveably unfair that these updates cause these kinds of problems, its not an old laptop and yet if it breaks with every large update I dont know what i’ll have to do. I cant keep anything saved on my laptop at all incase this happens. So unreliable. I refuse to buy a new laptop every year to keep up with software problems.

:)

AuliPorteous, Mar 16, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Update broke laptop again ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Update broke laptop again

Laptop Clubhouse!

Wow its still alive haha those are some sweet systems for laptop D:
    I've downgraded as my old one finally broke and i had to get cheap replacement which can barely handle web browsing lol.
    My new laptop:
    • Name
      ASUS X501U-XX049V
    • Processor
      AMD C60 1GHZ dual core
    • Memory
      4GB DDR3
    • Graphics
      AMD Radeon 6290
    • Drives
      500GB
    • Enclosure
      ASUS X501U-XX049V
    • Peripherals
      Logitech optical mouse

kurosagi01, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Update broke laptop again

1. Update broke laptop again - Similar Threads - Update broke laptop

2. Windows 11 broke again..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 broke again..: As your reputation proceeds MS. You broke more of our ****, again, with your non-wanted updates.Now, my 2 monitors do not work anymore.Display information: display 2 & 3 isn't active.I dont have time for you shenanigans, you made an update, forced it down our throats an now...
  3. Windows 11 broke again..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 broke again..: As your reputation proceeds MS. You broke more of our ****, again, with your non-wanted updates.Now, my 2 monitors do not work anymore.Display information: display 2 & 3 isn't active.I dont have time for you shenanigans, you made an update, forced it down our throats an now...
  4. Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242: I had this same issue last year that disabled 3 of my computers. As soon as the windows update occurred, they got stuck in a perpetual broken loop. Make a long story short, I had to disable the windows update and remove the update to get the computers to work again. I was...
  5. The store broke again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The store broke again: Tried to download age of empires 2 and the whole store has stopped working, even when i log out of the store it doesnt load anything just gives me a fat 0x80131505 Feels bad man I was looking forward to that submitted by /u/GmoneyTheBroke [link] [comments]...
  6. MS PHOTOS, broke again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS PHOTOS, broke again: PHOTOS hanging\crashing again; will: find device Android phone\digital camera find photos, tally count, find\see\return tally of how many photos are "new" since last Download but doesn't "check" or select for download. When trying to select "Items Since Last Import" App...
  7. Windows Update Broke My Computer AGAIN

Windows Update Broke My Computer AGAIN: I'm so angry! EVERY time there is a Windows update, it breaks my computer and I have to spend hours to days fixing it. It just happened again! I lose tons of money every time this happens. Rage, rage, rage! There is absolutely no recourse or accountability. And these...
  8. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  9. Windows update broke everything - yet again!!!!!

Windows update broke everything - yet again!!!!!: I'm sick and f*cking tired of your Windows 10 updates! Get your **** together Microsoft. One day you break sound... The next day you break the Start Menu so that whenever the Start Menu is open my keyboard no longer works!! I'm SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!! Leave my machine...
  10. Update Broke Laptop!

Update Broke Laptop!: Hi all, So a couple of days ago (17/07/18 approx.) my partner's laptop decided to update itself. I don't know anything about what the update was only that it's a Windows update. All fine and good except the laptop never finished updating. For two days it sat on the side...