Windows 10: Update broke my PC

Discus and support Update broke my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The mouse cursor is affected, it moves on its own, opens files without my participation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manuel Bono, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Update broke my PC

The mouse cursor is affected, it moves on its own, opens files without my participation

:)

Manuel Bono, Sep 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 21, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update broke my PC

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update broke my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Update broke my PC

1. Update broke my PC - Similar Threads - Update broke

2. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  3. Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it: Ever since I installed a windows update 2 days ago, the internet on my computer is repeatedly turning on and off while my pc is on. So when I try to load a webpage is could load instantly or take 15 seconds, and I get kicked from online video games over and over. I have...
  4. Windows update on 10/8/2020 broke controllers

Windows update on 10/8/2020 broke controllers: I just installed the most recent update of windows 10 and now both my Xbox One Controller and my arcade stick aren’t working. I used them just yesterday before the patch and they worked fine. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? submitted by /u/EpicGuy05...
  5. Windows update just broke my RAID 1 array

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update just broke my RAID 1 array: The volume was mostly backed up. My video shoot this weekend 6 hours work I cannot reshoot was not backed up yet, so I desperately need to repair the array somehow. The device is a Lacie 2TB Bolt 3 Thunderbolt. It is a pair of SSDs packaged in one unit. It was configured...
  6. Windows 10 Update 1909 broke my Start Menu, Windows Update, Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update 1909 broke my Start Menu, Windows Update, Microsoft Store: I have seen other threads on this topic, but they have been closed and have not been helpful at all, so I thought I would open a new one. My Windows 10 system is now crippled because I can't get the Start menu to open, I can't install updates, and I can't access Microsoft...
  7. Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks: My computer automatically installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, this morning, and all of my 3.5mm audio jacks on the front and back panels of my computer have stopped working. I already went to the device manager and attempted to update the driver for them and...
  8. Windows version update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows version update broke my PC: On this morning, windows 10 informed me, that the support of my windows version will be over, so I have to update by restarting the computer. The update was almost 3 hours long and when finished it restarted my laptop. Now windows 10 wont start. It starts the...
  9. Latest Windows update 20H2 completely broke my WindowsApp folder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest Windows update 20H2 completely broke my WindowsApp folder: Many apps no longer run after trying to update to the latest release. Just spews out the usual "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error message when launching them. This is mostly affecting my installed games, maybe around half of them are now dead...
  10. I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...

I rolled back an update that broke my PC, can somebody help me disable updates so my PC...: Hello! I managed to roll back a problematic feature update that made it impossible to do school work or play games. Just this morning I get a prompt asking me to pick a time to reinstall it. If somebody could help me permanently disable this update, or feature updates, it...