Windows 10: Update broke system- help

Discus and support Update broke system- help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I use Linux on my main pc, but my dad's laptop decided to update and then brake the whole thing. I can send some pics of it. It just loops over and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mastr356, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Update broke system- help

So I use Linux on my main pc, but my dad's laptop decided to update and then brake the whole thing. I can send some pics of it. It just loops over and over on the update setup screen. I don't know the specs cause it isn't mine but I know that it has an i3 3110m, four gigs of ram and runs 64bit windows 10.

I want to avoid formatting because he has some important files.

submitted by /u/mastr356
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mastr356, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 16, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Update broke system- help

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Update broke system- help

1. Update broke system- help - Similar Threads - Update broke system

2. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  3. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  4. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Broke - SOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Broke - SOS: A while ago I was installing Puppy Linux on my Windows XP, but eventually I wanted to delete it, so I deleted “menu.last” and the OS files, but turns out that was a wrong delete. It eventually became so that I think the only solution is to format the system again I don’t have...
  6. System Broke - SOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Broke - SOS: A while ago I was installing Puppy Linux on my Windows XP, but eventually I wanted to delete it, so I deleted “menu.last” and the OS files, but turns out that was a wrong delete. It eventually became so that I think the only solution is to format the system again I don’t have...
  7. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System: I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to do another fresh reinstall of Windows and its the same thing when it updates. . Any way to fix this issue? The error code is...
  8. [HELP][Update] Update broke multiple things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP][Update] Update broke multiple things: things that broke: discord audio i/o general audio input audio output on firefox cant revert update submitted by /u/mss0406 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0ysvb/helpupdate_update_broke_multiple_things/
  9. Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!: Ugh -- network with 15 Win 10 machines running build 1803. With an insane amount of work, we made it past HomeGroup removal last May, & network sharing was working fine until yesterday. Two computers got the update to build 1809 yesterday, and that seriously broke sharing...
  10. Update Broke Computer Need Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!: To start off I've been trying to fix my computer for a week now and have had no success. I don't think it's malware, I've had Malwarebytes installed onto my computer for about a year now and have ran a scan multiple times with "Scan for rootkits" option turned on, since...